I am new and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am new and confused

Trying to find my way around on here so please forgive me if I post in the wrong place.

I am a type something of diabetes, mostly type2 but have been on insulin 7 years out of 8 years as do not produce enough of my own insulin. I started spilling protein about 5 years ago but find if I keep my A1c at 5.0 or 5.1% it doesn't show. Above those numbers and it shows a spill. I also have retinopathy and there seems to always be improvement with the eye exam when my A1c is in the aforementioned numbers. Blood pressure is good. I am constantly being told by my doctor and Opthm to keep good control of both sugar and BP. I don't know how much better I can keep these numbers.

I had active Lupus years ago with a bad kidney infection however it was masked with Cortisone for a very long time. Once I was taken off the Cort, the infection came out screaming and I was very sick. It was cleared up with antibiotics and have only had 2 UTI's in 40 years.

I also have COPD, recently diagnosed but appears under control.

I am limiting my protein and this is hard because it helps my sugar but I will work it out. All of my other blood work appears to be in the normal ranges.

If anyone can help explain the protein spill and the low A1c, I would appreciate it. It is difficult to keep my sugar in this range but I keep trying. Thank you for reading.
Working...
X