X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jenjen76
    replied
    Re: This might be THE one

soooo happy for you both...0.8 cratinie that is flipping exciting -have you eaten any pizza sinse surgery or chocolate?? mmmm just wanna remember the taste lol!!!

Leave a comment:

• phyl
    replied

Marina and Gina, I am so very happy for both of you that you finally got your new kidneys and that your doing so well. Take it easy, I hear you will be tired for awhile....let the body heal and prayers to the donor family.

Leave a comment:

• JustDee
    replied

I have thought about you so often this past month...hoping and hoping that all was going well for you. So VERY happy to hear your new "parts" are agreeing with you and doing their JOB. Please keep us informed about your progress...you know you're an inspiration for us all...
    Peace and Love, Dee

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied

Hi Gina,

I'm so happy to hear about your Transplant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May it bring you lots of healthy and happy yrs!!!!!!!!!!! Best wishes for speedy recovery and what a way to celebrate the holidays. You will start the new yr with a working kidney, what a blessing that is!!!!!!!!!!

To answer your question why I was in the hospital for a month was because I had something called "gastro pareses" sp? It was cause by 31 yrs with diabetes. the stomach muscles paralized after the surgery. Dr played around with a few meds until the right one was found. In the first 3 weeks I wasn't able to eat solid foods (and hardly anything my mouth).......... of course they couldn't let me go home until I was eating and well pooping normally I know TMI SORRY!!!!!!

Take care!!!

Marina

Leave a comment:

• gavignoni
    replied

Oh Marina! I'm so glad you're well. I've been thinking of you and wondering how you were doing. I had my TX on Dec 15th and have been home since the 20th, what a Christmas present! May I ask why you were in the hospital for a month? Is that normal for someone in your condition, meaning kidney anad pancreas?

I wish you a speedy recovery and all the best for 2011! Happy holidays!

xo
    Gina

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

What a wonderful gift. May God bless the family who donated their child's organs! Best wishes for many healthy years ahead for you!

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied

Hi folks,
    Sorry I haven't been on to update you on my progress. Luckily my friend Karen kept you up to date.

I was in the hospital for a month, (without access to the outside world , nor cyberspace).

I'm staying at my aunts house while I recoop. I feel pretty well. I do get tired easily still, so I'm taking it easy.

The best part is both my kidney and pancres are little troopers doing what they do best. Creatinine has remained stable for close to 5 weeks, at 0.8, blood sugars are also great. I was so blessed to received the organs of a 24yr old!!!!!!!!!!

I do however feel bad that while I'm celebrating the successful TX and giving thanks during this holiday season, my donor family is still grieving the death of their child But I'm so grateful to them for donating his/her organs!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless everyone this holiday season, and please DO NOT dispair, your chance for a transplant is right around the corner. All in GOD'S TIME!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• tracyk859
    replied

Thanks for the post. Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Leave a comment:

• jeffmoore
    replied

Originally posted by nerak View Post
    I just talked to Marina & she's doing great! I told her she's got a lot of people who care about her & how they've been asking about her. She wanted me to thank you all for your thoughts & prayers. She's not sure how long she'll be in the hospital, but I'm sure she'll be back online & posting as soon as she's able! .
    It is great to hear that Marina, is doing well, since the transplant. Can you do me a favor, when you talk to her again, could you tell her to send her number in a private message to me, i would truly appreciate it.
    thanks,
    Glo

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I just talked to Marina & she's doing great! I told her she's got a lot of people who care about her & how they've been asking about her. She wanted me to thank you all for your thoughts & prayers. She's not sure how long she'll be in the hospital, but I'm sure she'll be back online & posting as soon as she's able! .

Leave a comment:

• shelby-kay
    replied

Yes so Awesome !!!!! Stay positive - so blessed !! Its good to hear good news, isnt it? <smiles and hugs>

Leave a comment:

• cicero
    replied

Marina, God Bless you and the surgeon. I will be praying for you.
    What more can be said. Wonderful.
    Cicero

Leave a comment:

• LORRIE11091963
    replied

Great News! No more checking her sugar!!! GOD IS GOOD!

Leave a comment:

• gavignoni
    replied

That is FANTASTIC!!!! So happy for Marina and her family

We all wish her a speedy recovery and best of health for her new kidney! Please pass our thoughts and love to her, thanks Karen!

Leave a comment:

• jenjen76
    replied

this is awesome news -im so happy for you and we all cant wait to hear from you..congrats!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X