• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This might be THE one

Originally posted by Marina View Post
    Hi folks,

I just got another potetial offer.
    Surgeon went to recover organs. If they look good, I will get a call in 2-3 hours.

I will update this as soon as I find out!

I also will update my carepage which hopefully my niece will be updating for me.

God bless!
    That is great news, i wish you all the best, God knows if it is the one. God Bless You, Marina.
    Glo

Comment

Marina,

I pray that all goes well and that you will find peace in the hollow of His mighty hand as you wait for this miracle.

Comment

Hi......I haven't posted here before, but I read the posts all the time. Today I have a special reason to post. I'm a friend of Marina's & I spoke to her sister a few minutes ago & wanted to update you guys. She's doing great. The kidney's working just fine & she's in good spirits. She was offered pain medication, but didn't want it (pretty good, huh?!) She's in a little bit of pain, but not enough for pain meds. What a little trooper!! She's in the ICU now, but may be moved to a regular room tomorrow. They're gonna get her up & walking soon.

Now that I'm all registered, maybe I'll come around more often.....I feel like I know a lot of you already!

Karen

Comment

Originally posted by nerak View Post
          Hi......I haven't posted here before, but I read the posts all the time. Today I have a special reason to post. I'm a friend of Marina's & I spoke to her sister a few minutes ago & wanted to update you guys. She's doing great. The kidney's working just fine & she's in good spirits. She was offered pain medication, but didn't want it (pretty good, huh?!) She's in a little bit of pain, but not enough for pain meds. What a little trooper!! She's in the ICU now, but may be moved to a regular room tomorrow. They're gonna get her up & walking soon.

Now that I'm all registered, maybe I'll come around more often.....I feel like I know a lot of you already!

Karen
          Karen, Thank you so much for the update! Marina is very special to me as well as others here. I am so glad she's doing well. Please tell her I'm really happy for her.
          Thanks again, Toni
          May you always have Love to share, Health to spare, and Friends that care

Acute Kidney Function Loss 12/07 - GFR 39
          Current GFR 46 - Stage 3 - Controlled HBP

Comment

Originally posted by nerak View Post

Karen
            There goes the neighborhood!
            Stage 3 (GFR 35) & Diabetes.

Comment

Originally posted by TRB View Post
              There goes the neighborhood!
              Tim, I'm sure what you MEANT to say was "Welcome to the neighborhood!!"

(It's OK, I know Tim from another site......he seems to be following me today....)

Comment

Ok, now that I see you two here....I don't know....the hood is changing!!! lol

It is so great that all went well for Marina, I've been sending prayers and good vibes for 2 days. She is a special lady and so happy for her.

Thanks for the update Karen.
                [I]Learning to dance in the rain....

Peritoneal dialysis 1 yr.
                GFR 12
                On Transplant list 2 yrs.
                On hold now for 6 mths. due to heart problem corrected with stents.

Comment

Congratulations! Here is to a great recovery for you!

in center hemo dialysis since May 2009
                  Sudden ESRD - non diabetic (but have 2 at home)
                  turned down for list "lack of support" WHAT!!! starting over at different transplant center)

Comment

I've been having her in my thoughts and Prayers. How great to hear she's come through. Best Wishes to her and thank you for keeping us updated. we so appreciate that.
                    Marina is very special to all of us.

Mar
                    Diabetic type2 on insulin 1991
                    CKD stage 5 dialysis started7/27/11
                    Catheter 7/26/'11 Fistula Oct.2011 Not yet matured (12/25/'11)
                    Arthritis, back problems.

"Courage is the art of being the only one
                    who knows your'e scared to death"

Comment

Woo Hoo Marina!! So happy for you and my thoughts and prayers will be with you as you heal, as your new kidney adjusts, and as you become healthier and healthier! Very anxious to hear from you how you are doing. Hope it all goes smoothly!

Best Wishes!
                      Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease, 17% renal function, 11 years
                      *Non diabetic *Non dialysis
                      High Blood Pressure, controlled

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."
                      ~Corrie ten Boom

Comment

Great news Marina! Wishing you the best for a speedy recovery.

Comment

this is awesome news -im so happy for you and we all cant wait to hear from you..congrats!!!
                          ckd,stage3,due to birth defect/refulx,controlled b/p

Comment

That is FANTASTIC!!!! So happy for Marina and her family

We all wish her a speedy recovery and best of health for her new kidney! Please pass our thoughts and love to her, thanks Karen!
                            sigpic

*Systemic Lupus Erythematosus 1995
                            *CKD Stage 2 - Lupus Nephritis 2003
                            *Peritoneal dialysis April 2010
                            *Transplant December 15, 2010 (sister was my donor!)

Comment

Great News! No more checking her sugar!!! GOD IS GOOD!

Comment

Marina, God Bless you and the surgeon. I will be praying for you.
                                What more can be said. Wonderful.
                                Cicero
                                May God have mercy on us all

CK

Idiopathic globular membranous nephritis 1999-2006
                                Feb 2006 Dx about 1-2 yrs before dialysis. Dialysis start 6-2006
                                Chest Cath 4 mos in center hemo dialysis
                                Fistula, button holes, self stick days 07-09 in center hemo
                                Graft nocturnal hemo 4Q09 to present

Comment

Working...
                                X