Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to this group, but looking for a living kidney donor ASAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CJ - what part of Maryland are you from? I'm also from Maryland - Owings Mills/Reisterstown area.

Don't give up just yet...there are people here that care about you and YES you are important to this thing called LIFE, even if you don't think so.

All of us here are suffering from some type of problem - chronic kidney disease without dialysis (that's me), people on dialysis, people who have gone through transplants.

If you need help, keep it here and we'll try to help you out the best we can.

Comment

Gus is right Vicky! I was on dialysis from Feb 2001 to Nov 2007 and even though not as long as a lot of people I had found it not as hard to find love. Infact I finally met my true love while I was at my sickest on Peritoneal Dialysis and had to switch to Hemo Dialysis! Infact it was a good way to see what kind of man he was. He stuck me so through it all and is always very supportive even though he knew nothing about kidneys before me. He even joined a couple sites that I did to offer his support of me! . I had just lost my 1st transplant while I was with 1 guy who couldn't understand the change in my energy and that ended. I felt like you because of that. I got so depressed. But then I ended up dated a few other guys and realized that anyone can over look our catheters or fistulas or grafts or what not! A real worth it person sees what is on the inside! Trust me!
      Angie
      Kidney KornerDialysis Ethics Forum Kidney PixAwareness Shirts KidneySpace Donor Search
      I will be walking a Kidney Walk in Ontario Canada Sept 18th 2011
      • Peritoneal Dialysis = 4 yrs
      • Hemo Dialysis (in center) = 2 yrs
      • 2 kidney transplants = 1990 - 2001 & 2007 to present

Comment

Life on PD

I'm new to this forum. I've been on PD for about a year and a half. I do the cycler at night. I work part-time in an office. The only thing that bothers me recently is that I've started having anxiety attacks in the middle of the night when I hook up. Does anybody else feel that way?

As far as a donor goes, I've been on the list for a little over a year now. But I found a living donor next door to me where I work. I was talking to a lady that owns the shop next door last fall and come to find out she is the same blood type as me (O neg). She offered her kidney to me out of the blue. She underwent tests and she had about 30 lbs to lose before we could do the surgery. So she is still losing weight (she has about 10 lbs to go) and then we can schedule the surgery.

So don't give up! There are generous people out there who care! My donor has become a very good friend and we are both looking forward to the transplant in a few months!

Comment

What a wonderful story!! There is hope to be found in all sorts of unlikely places. I hope that your transplant can take place soon.
          To the stars through difficulty!

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin1008 View Post
            I'm new to this forum. I've been on PD for about a year and a half. I do the cycler at night. I work part-time in an office. The only thing that bothers me recently is that I've started having anxiety attacks in the middle of the night when I hook up. Does anybody else feel that way?

As far as a donor goes, I've been on the list for a little over a year now. But I found a living donor next door to me where I work. I was talking to a lady that owns the shop next door last fall and come to find out she is the same blood type as me (O neg). She offered her kidney to me out of the blue. She underwent tests and she had about 30 lbs to lose before we could do the surgery. So she is still losing weight (she has about 10 lbs to go) and then we can schedule the surgery.

So don't give up! There are generous people out there who care! My donor has become a very good friend and we are both looking forward to the transplant in a few months!
            That is amazing, kmartin!! Keep us updated on that! My donor...well, he started out as my boss, then my bf, then my fiancee. Weird how things are just meant to be sometimes.
            Shannon
            KidneyFun // Kidney Korner // Organ donation awareness products!
            If the world didn't suck...........We'd all fall off!

Comment

Re: New to this group, but looking for a living kidney donor ASAP!

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am 25 year old, female.My blood type is A. I am working as a office staff. I would liketo sell my kidney for 20.000 USD (can be negotiate) due to economic crisis.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

Ha Tran

Comment

hatran240, I really want to report your post as a very inappropriate posting, But I will not at this time. I hope you realize that the folks on this forum have very real health issues and that 'life' is not for sale. I will let God judge your posting.

Comment

Originally posted by hatran240 View Post
                  Dear Sir/Madam,

I am 25 year old, female.My blood type is A. I am working as a office staff. I would liketo sell my kidney for 20.000 USD (can be negotiate) due to economic crisis.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

Ha Tran
                  ha tran,

how can you even put a price on life. You obviously have never been sick to know what a precious thing health is.

An organ is a precious gift you GIVE not sell.

this is the wrong site for you to adverstize.

I hope you never need an organ, then you'll realize that an organ/life are PRICELESS!!!

Oh yeah, in case you didn't know it is "ILLEGAL" to sell or buy organs in the USA.
                  I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

Ha Tran I do not know if you are from the US but it is illegal to sell organs in this country. If I were you I woud recant my offer

Comment

I AM A DONOR A- BLOOD TIPE.IF YOU DONT CARE NOBODY IS GOING TO CARE FOR YOU.

Comment

A- BLOOD TIPE DONOR,IF YOU DONT CARE NOONE WILL.

Comment

I'm willing to donate my kidney.
                          I have no medical insurance.
                          My blood type is O+ or O-.
                          Would need expenses paid for: travel, hotel, lost wages, hospital, blood work.
                          Just email me at Sgt.Randy@yahoo.com

Comment

Which is it? O+ or O- ?
                            Angie
                            Kidney KornerDialysis Ethics Forum Kidney PixAwareness Shirts KidneySpace Donor Search

Comment

Randy25987, I wouldn't post my email address so publicly as one type of email spam starts by spammers harvesting email addresses to spam later. You might not get the emails you expected to by posting your email address.

I would either make an email form through this site:

http://formsmarts.com/

(That is what I used)

Or use a Captcha security link by using this site:

http://mailhide.recaptcha.net/

it is very handy so that you don't have to post your email address so openly again yet real people can still contact you.
                              Angie

Comment

Vicky

I am a 54 year old male with PKD and just last week i received my transbplant and i am doing well. I know how tired you feel because during the 3 years i was on the wai,ting list i did PD the last year. I worked full time and on many daysi was tired. Once you start the PD your nu.rse and Nephrologist wiLl begin to give you Epomand Ferratin which will relieve the tiredness as your red blood cells will increase. I am aflso type A blood and the wait for the transplant was not very long.

Do not give up i know that youwill respond well to the PD since you are young and it seems very committed which is what you need for PD. You will have a very professional group of people (nurse, nephrologist) looking after you and helping you on your journey to a new life post PKD.

Comment

Working...
                                X