Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elizwlsn
    replied
    I've started using cashew milk. I don't drink it plan but do use it in my one cup of coffee a day. I also use it in my cooking where I would have used cream or milk before. I'll probably switch over to the almond milk though and at leaast give it a try. There is an article on Davita about milk replacers. https://www.davita.com/kidney-diseas...disease/e/6809

Leave a comment:

• Poozy1238
    replied
    Hi, Myladys. I hope you're still checking this site to see if you have any responses.

My dietician told me to stay completely away from all smoked meats, sausages, lunchmeats (including hot dogs), and all processed cheeses. As for not cooking with butter, I have learned to actually like cooking with a good quality EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil), to which I sometimes add a small amount of light butter just for flavor. By the way, I was also told to stay away from all soy products, including soy milk and tofu. It can be a tough diet, but it's worth it when it keeps the disease from progressing. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Myladys
    replied
    thanks , but what is consider process meat and its hard not to cook with butter

Leave a comment:

• Ul71096
    replied
    Thx that really help me a lot. I been looking for this kind of information

Leave a comment:

• How to Decrease High Creatinine Level with Kidney Disease

High creatinine level may be a common symptom of kidney disease. Usually, when there is elevated creatinine level, it usually indicate around 50% kidney function are damaged. Well, how to decrease high creatinine level? The followings are some solutions.

. Diet management

(1) Take some fresh fruits and vegetables, such as cucumber, carrot, raw onion, cabbage, tofu, soy milk, oat bran etc.

(2) Eat less the following foods, for instance, butter, beef, sweet, bread, coffee, alcohol and so on.

(3) Limit the intake of salt, for example, sufferers should stay away from pickled foods, salted foods, processed products, etc.

(4) Quit smoking, as smoking may aggravate the progression of kidney disease.

(5) Moderate ingestion of high-quality protein, low-potassium diet, low-phosphorus diet, etc are also beneficial.
Working...
X