Are there really symptoms in CKD 3/4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there really symptoms in CKD 3/4?

I have read so much about CKD 3/4 and I see where fatigue and itchy feelings are normal, but my Nephologist states not> I know something is off, and my blood work proved that as I move closer to CKD 4. I do have HBP which is regulated by medication. I get crampy feelings in my legs as well.

I am Stage 4 and I feel terrible. Just spent 2 days in ICU because my BP bottomed out at 57/33. I have muscle cramps and leg pain, extreme exhaustion and fatigue. funny taste in my mouth, fluid retention and a few other things. So, I would say that yes there are symptoms in Stage 3/4.

Comment

TDBR217217: Excellent description of the Stage 4 symptoms and you have them all! Especially that ammonia taste! It's terrible. I didn't understand it when I had it and as a result suffered a firing at work because of it. If I knew then what I know now! I thought I was losing my mind when it was "just" kidney failure.
      Fistula - March 2008
      Began Dialysis - August 2008
      Fistula Revision - Feb 2011

Dialysis Patient Citizens, Patient Ambassador
      NW14 ESRD Network, Patient Advisory Committee Member
      CDC Infections Control Discussion Panel Member
      National Kidney Foundation Peer-to-Peer Mentor

Blog: www.DevonTexas.com

Comment

Thank you for your response! I feel like I am loosing my mind! I have been told that when you finally feel symptoms it's too late and you are on Stage 5. I am almost Stage 4 and my legs are driving me crazy! The restlessness (medication helps). I don't have the amonia taste yet but the fatigue! is aweful! I cant' stand it.

Comment

Hi Khowie2
          I have managed the fatigue , when sitting I am productive, by reading, computer game, crocheting or knitting for about 45 minutes of every hour and then getting up and walking around the yard or watering my flowers. I also do the same with house work. I sit and do something constructive and then do a load of laundry, clean, etc until I need to sit again. I am retired so this works for me. When I was working two years ago, (teaching) I pushed myself all day and instead of walking around the room and standing when teaching, I would walk to an area and sit on a table or on a desk. I used a scooter in the hall. I just kept making myself move with ample time to sit and relax the leg cramps. I have tried to keep positive which is hard when you are close to
          dialysis and being tired. Doing something is what keeps me going.

Comment

Thank you... I will start doing that. I wish I could use a scooter but my coworkers would probably steal it I appreciate the advise. I hop you stay away from dialysis.

Comment

I'm so glad that I read this my doctor told me that in CKD 4 (GFR 23) that I should not be feeling this fatigued. I was thinking that there must be something else going on but that doesn't have to be the case. Thank you

Comment

I am now at stage 4 at 16%. I had a scooter the last two years I taught to get down the halls. Besides the infections which caused fatigue, I had a bad ankle. After the surgery on the ankles where I was at 22%GFR, I no longer used the scooter since I was not working and walking fair. Now I try and walk as much as possible to keep my strength up. I am still very fatigued. My doctor from the time I was in the 30's said that the fatigue is part of kidney disease. It just gets worse. If you are working, it makes you more tired. I now manage fatigue by doing something around the house for 15 minutes and resting for 45. I also go to the Y to walk 20-25 mins. and do exercises in the water which does not make me as tired or hurt my back, legs or ankle. I refuse to use a scooter since I need to keep moving. The lessyou move around the faster your kidney's will decline according to my doctor.

Comment

This might help:
                  http://www.kidneydoctorbradenton.org...ms-of-ckd.html

Comment

Working...
                  X