New to the forums, husband diagnosed 2/14/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forums, husband diagnosed 2/14/2012

Oh my gosh! So many questions! I'm totally new to the forum so I apologize if I am posting in the new place. Husband was diagnosed with end stage renal failure in February of this year and since then it's been a roller coaster of emotions... My newest question is this... My husband just became a legal resident this past December and therefore doesn't qualify for our state insurance (AHCCCS) but he is getting his dialysis paid for under FES (Federal Emergency Services). They think we make too much which we don't but they're about to take that away from him... Here's my question, I just got a new job and in 3 months I'll qualify for benefits, does anyone know if they will be able to deny him because of his pre existing condition...?

Thank you, I appreciate any input you all can provide.

Welcome to the forums! You will find people who understand what you are going through here. I don't know the answer to your question about your benefits. Can you call the insurance company direct and ask? Or, if you are comfortable talking about it with your benefits coordinator at work, maybe he or she will know.
    Best wishes to you and your husband.
    Debbie

Comment

Thank you so much, at my current job I don't have benefits so this new one is supposed to offer them after 6 months of employment. I will get in touch with the coordinator though.

Comment

Working...
      X