The Power of Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Power of Diet

I've been stage 3 for about 7 yrs and was also prediabetic. In May my GFR was 45. I changed my diet to vegan and lowered my salt as much as possible with little or no cheating. Lost 13 lbs. Went yesterday for Dr. visit and bloodwork and got the results back this morning. My GFR was 66 making me now stage 2. Not prediabetic anymore either. The diet has been somewhat hard to get used to. It took me a while to learn to make things that were yummy to me but I have stuck with it and it's been worth it and I have found recipes that are new favorite meals. My doctor said she believes that the good results are because of my vegan diet. I was shooting for not getting any worse and am shocked it actually improved so much. Saying my blessings this morning!

Good for you. I’m starting to struggle with the diet. I’m stage 4 . Been on diet since October.Doing less that 1000 per day. I cook with no salt . Am I reading correctly. Your GFR is up to 66 and Stage 2. Did I hear correctly from my doctor? I believe what I was told that you can mantatin your GFR and not advance the stage but never go back. I hope I m wrong. Stay healthy.God bless. John

Comment

I've not had my doctor say that but I have read it repeatedly online so was pretty shocked that my tests say differently but they do. I go back for a full physical in 3 months and anticipate a repeat of the bloodwork being done. If it is still what it is this time, and I hope it will be, then you can improve it. It doesn't mean I don't have damage still. I am still stage 2 ckd. I am not cured. But if I continue on doing what I'm doing, I am showing improvement rather than decline. There was another post in the "I'm new here" part of the forum this morning where someone else showed improvement and went from stage 4 to stage 3 through diet. It's in the latest thread on that post if you want to go read their experience too. Shows how crucial what we put in our mouths really is. Good luck with your diet. It is worth it!

Comment

Victor Test

Comment

Working...
        X