Stage 5 CKD kidney disease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 5 CKD kidney disease

Hello everyone, I’m new to this. Looking for people going threw CKD any stages. To discuss how we feel and how things bother us a lot. I’m a 47 year old female with stage 5 CKD kidney disease. I am not Dialysin yet but have the fistula in my left arm. I am a happily married Christian woman. Needing to let some steam off!!!! I have a lot of tummy issues going on and weakness. This is bothering me a lot. Trying to maintain my composure. On bright side trying new recipes, we will see how that goes. God is working on me daily and I thank him for that.
    Last edited by Tinytim12; 11-12-2017, 02:07 PM.

Welcome Tinytim12. If you stick with this site, you will learn so much and make such good, helpful friends. Don't forget to try out the recipes they have on this site too; they are delicious. My name is Chris and I am in stage 4 and have been for a while now. I do not do dialysis yet and the nephrologist hasn't even suggested I get the fistula put in yet, so I guess that means I'm doing good for now. It makes me happy to hear that you are a Christian and are happily married. I have been divorced for 28 years and I am enjoying the single life very much. Please believe me when I say the divorce was justified. I am a Christian also, but there are some reasons it is acceptable to get divorced. You just let off as much steam as you need to, we are all here to listen and to help if we can. I think the weakness comes with the kidney disease as does the the tummy aches. God will lead you through this, the hard part will be just "letting" Him guide you. I have a tendency to try to take over and that's when things go wrong. I wish you the best of luck and I hope to hear from you often.

Comment

Hi, Tinytim12 and cpi3per1, though I am not new to this site, this is my first post. I am a 63 year old Christian woman with CKD. I usually am borderline between 3 and 4; but lately, I have moved into 4 and just this past week my GFR jumped down to 14 o=of stage 5. Needless to say, I just got out of the hospital. It seems my potassium was the culprit. That I have to work on. I, too, have issues with weakness, lack of strength and endurance.

Comment

As I understand it, these are all symptoms of CKD and we have to deal with them the best we can. I know when am doing something I get tired a lot and have to sit down and rest for a while, or take a nap, but I do try to stay as active as I can because that is what is going to help us on a daily basis. We can live for many years in the stages we are in if we take care of ourselves otherwise. oller the recipes on this site have all the stuff listed in each recipe--potassium, phosphorus, sodium, etc. It doesn't hurt us to push ourselves a little bit either. I'm not saying to push to the extreme, but if we get tired, just do a little more and then sit down. I wish you both well and hope things improve for you soon. Let us know how you are doing please. chris

Comment

Working...
        X