A Healthy Diet for Patients with Stage 3 CKD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Healthy Diet for Patients with Stage 3 CKD

A healthy diet is crucial for Stage 3 CKD patients, but there is no ideal meal plan fitting every patient. Because making a suitable diet should depend on many factors such as kidney function, lab values, body size, nutritional status and health history, you can consult a dietitian for an individual diet plan if you have stage 3 chronic kidney disease.

I am a newly diagnosed CKD stage 3 although I fluctuate from a GFR around 29-33 and on my first visit to the nephrologist was just handed a sheet on protein and told I had CKD. Unsatisfied and with many questions I got a second opinion with another nephrologist and saw her NP whom I questioned thoroughly, and still was unable to get answers to my questions.I felt as though I was talking to a politician.I finally connected with the DaVita web site and found much of what I needed to know about CKD. I believe the first order of business when one is diagnosed with CKD stage 3 should always be a dietary consult. I know the diets are highly individualized, but certain aspects are shared by all CKD patients. I am already nauseous on a daily basis and becoming extremely lethargic at times.I have been able to relate these symptoms to previous meals where I probably went over the line in my protein intake as well as weight lifting and unable to process lactic acid build up as rapidly.I also have a history of liver transplant in 2010 and have frequent labs drawn which have all been WNLs Praise God! This helps in my diet control except when self will runs riot.

Comment

OK someone I can relate to....I am also newly diagnosed with STage 3 CKD and a liver recipient and basically had the same experience...I am currently using the DaVita website to do my own diet until I get my labs....I find DaVita an excellent tool...I am like you I am finding people are saying your ONLY in Stage 3 CKD and I was screaming I am in Stage 3 CKD and freaking out and they are like it is nothing....well I want to stay in stage 3 as long as possible and need any help you can offer....

Comment

Working...
      X