Is GFR of 64 considered CKD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is GFR of 64 considered CKD?

Hi! On recent blood work my creatinine came back at 1.0 and my GFR at 64. I'm confused because some information indicates that a GFR of 64 is second stage CKD and other sources indicate that a GFR above 60 is fine. When I called my doctor's office to inquire, his nurse called me back and said it is nothing to worry about and they will recheck it in the future. I am confused about whether this is truly something I should not be concerned about.

If you want to see if the GFR will go higher before the next blood work you should be drinking lots of water and cut down on salt, and sodas. If it goes up then keep drinking water. That helps clean out the blood of impurities. If it stays the same you are in stage 2 and and nothing to worry about but to check yearly.

Comment

Kidney function is generally assessed throug BUN, creatinine and GFR. The standard range for BUN is 10 - 20, creatinine standard range is 0.50 to 1.30 and GFR is >59. Using these measures you would not be staged (I, II, III, IV, V) for CKD.

Comment

From this site if you put in stages at the top search.

Stage 1 with normal or high GFR (GFR > 90 mL/min)

Stage 2 Mild CKD (GFR = 60-89 mL/min)

Stage 3A Moderate CKD (GFR = 45-59 mL/min)

Stage 3B Moderate CKD (GFR = 30-44 mL/min

Stage 4 Severe CKD (GFR = 15-29 mL/min)

Stage 5 End Stage CKD (GFR <15 mL/min)

Comment

Working...
        X