Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cpi3per1
    replied
    This is to Heavyd870. I am on face book. What name do you use on Face book and I will message you?

Leave a comment:

• Larry1954
    replied
    I'm only been on Dialysis for ten months something that helped me the most was finding a support group, in which I'm able to help others in my area, it is a lifestyle change yes and it's one we can live with, yes there were times that I was concerned about what was going on around me, best thing is to learn as much as you can,

Leave a comment:

• Rhane71
    replied
    I'm 46 and just found out I am in the early stages of PKD. I feel the exact same way. I feel scared and alone as well. I am sorry for what you are going through. I wish you the best.

Leave a comment:

• ChelseaR
    replied
    I'm actually also 23 so I can understand EXACTLY what you are talking about! It can definitely feel really isolating dealing with something that most people our age are completely unaware of....

Leave a comment:

• Heavyd870
    replied
    Originally posted by kmoser05 View Post
    I'm 23 and fairly new to CKD. I got diagnosed back in April and just by chance. I will admit most days I'm scared but I do my best to keep going not just for myself but for those supporting me. Sometimes I feel really alone being this young with the disease. I work in the medical field and my patients with CKD are usually older then me and when I talk to people about it their first reaction is wow your so young. Does anyone else feel alone like this?
    Is anyone has a facebook

Leave a comment:

• kmoser05
    replied
    Thank you Chris. I have been reading the forums and it does help. I see a lot people are going through the exact same things I am and it helps me keep going.

Leave a comment:

• cpi3per1
    replied
    Keep reading the forums. It doesn't really matter how young or old you are, we are all in the same boat. We all get scared and at times feel alone, I personally find that the forums help me tremendously; there are so many wise people out there in our same position. We just have to listen to them. This is just one big family on the forum, so you are never really alone. Reach out to someone and just talk to them about how you feel. I am sorry for your diagnosis, but join us and see that it doesn't have to be lonely for you. chris

Leave a comment:

• kmoser05
    started a topic New To Kidney Disease

New To Kidney Disease

I'm 23 and fairly new to CKD. I got diagnosed back in April and just by chance. I will admit most days I'm scared but I do my best to keep going not just for myself but for those supporting me. Sometimes I feel really alone being this young with the disease. I work in the medical field and my patients with CKD are usually older then me and when I talk to people about it their first reaction is wow your so young. Does anyone else feel alone like this?
Working...
X