Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Until 2 days ago I thought I was just fine, a few ailments, but nothing to go crazy over. I had a physical and although the doctor said nothing, the summary of the visit said I was in chronic kidney disease stage 3. Why wasn't I told I was in stage 1 or 2 before this? I was so stunned I didn't even tell my husband until the following day. He did some research and now is going to become the food police.

I'll have more lab tests done tomorrow. What do I need to know? What exactly do I need to do?

Ask for your GFR And your lab values tabs about ask for an explaination for these. Take this information to this site and read the information on the health portal. This should be a start.

Comment

At stage 3, you probably don't really need to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by barbara1946 View Post
        Until 2 days ago I thought I was just fine, a few ailments, but nothing to go crazy over. I had a physical and although the doctor said nothing, the summary of the visit said I was in chronic kidney disease stage 3. Why wasn't I told I was in stage 1 or 2 before this? I was so stunned I didn't even tell my husband until the following day. He did some research and now is going to become the food police.

I'll have more lab tests done tomorrow. What do I need to know? What exactly do I need to do?
        Hi barbara1946, thanks for reaching out here. I'm sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. One option that may be helpful is to attend a no-cost Kidney Smart class in your neighborhood: http://bit.ly/2iBwy1d. The classes are led by kidney disease education experts and are a great opportunity to learn more about CKD, the treatment options, kidney diet and more. It's also a great place to get your questions answered.

Once you have a better idea of your diet needs, you can also try using the DaVita Diet Helper to plan and track kidney-friendly meals that adhere to your nutritional goals: http://bit.ly/2hLeEZz.

I hope these resources help!

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions about myDaVita.

Comment

Working...
        X