HUSBAND CKD STAGE 3B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUSBAND CKD STAGE 3B

Hello everyone I am seeking support and information. My husband was diagnosed in November 2012 with CKD 3 and he has had numerous hospitalization due to kidney infections including a percutaneous procedure due to nephritic kidneys. His GFR is now 41. So I don't mean to sound selfish but I am afraid of losing my husband. He is the love of my life so I am going to come out and ask questions that I have asked before and I don't want to accept. Is there a chance of reversal if he completely stops smoking he has high bp? He also was born with a nuerogenic bladder having reconstructive surgery which caused scar tissue and slowly started damaging his kidneys can he still put in for donor? If he goes into stage four will he have to start dialysis? What is the life expectancy will his gfr go up once in dialysis? Can I change his diet better get him to drink lots of carrot and cucumber juice to try to increase his gfr. And what will he be going through once he starts dialysis both physically and emotionally? I am afraid afraid don't want to see my husband go on dialysis or go to stage four he has been experiencing a lot of metallic taste and eating one big meal. I video conference him to make sure he eats is he definitely going into stage four! He is only 48 yes. Old how can I save my husband's life? Is there a support group for spouses and for CKD patients. We will be living in Wooster, Ohio. My husband went ahead of me to spend time with his son and I am waiting till my daughter graduates this June to head out to Ohio. I travel every other month to be with my husband and have met with his doctors great doctors. Please would like to hear from someone. Thank you and God Bless You.

I don't know if CKD can be reversed but I do know from experience that the higher the stage the more rapid the deterioration. In March of 2016 I was at CKD3 with uncontrollable BP, diabetes and deplorable diet. By August, I was CKD 5 in total renal failure and GFR of 5 combined. The day I went to the ER I was told that if I had waited any longer to seek help I would have expired. My advice to your husband 1) get the high blood pressure under control immediately, 2) meet with a dialysis center nutritionist. Consult with a nephrologist to see if emergency dialysis is needed. Best of luck to you and your husband.

Comment

Thank you so much for your response. I am sorry to hear about your situation. But has your gfr increased with dialysis?

Comment

Originally posted by angelab View Post
        Hello everyone I am seeking support and information. My husband was diagnosed in November 2012 with CKD 3 and he has had numerous hospitalization due to kidney infections including a percutaneous procedure due to nephritic kidneys. His GFR is now 41. So I don't mean to sound selfish but I am afraid of losing my husband. He is the love of my life so I am going to come out and ask questions that I have asked before and I don't want to accept. Is there a chance of reversal if he completely stops smoking he has high bp? He also was born with a nuerogenic bladder having reconstructive surgery which caused scar tissue and slowly started damaging his kidneys can he still put in for donor? If he goes into stage four will he have to start dialysis? What is the life expectancy will his gfr go up once in dialysis? Can I change his diet better get him to drink lots of carrot and cucumber juice to try to increase his gfr. And what will he be going through once he starts dialysis both physically and emotionally? I am afraid afraid don't want to see my husband go on dialysis or go to stage four he has been experiencing a lot of metallic taste and eating one big meal. I video conference him to make sure he eats is he definitely going into stage four! He is only 48 yes. Old how can I save my husband's life? Is there a support group for spouses and for CKD patients. We will be living in Wooster, Ohio. My husband went ahead of me to spend time with his son and I am waiting till my daughter graduates this June to head out to Ohio. I travel every other month to be with my husband and have met with his doctors great doctors. Please would like to hear from someone. Thank you and God Bless You.

​Hi angelab, welcome to myDaVita! It's completely normal to be worried about those you love. I think that you would be able to get a lot of your questions answered at a no-cost Kidney Smart class. These classes are led by kidney disease education experts in your community and go over kidney disease, treatment options, the diet and more. You can find one in your neighborhood here: http://bit.ly/2axNzHn.

It's great that you've both been able to meet with doctors. It's always best to ask any specific medical questions to his local care team as everyone's needs are different.

I wish you and your family all the best! I hope you have a happy Thanksgiving

Comment

Working...
        X