No announcement yet.

Scared and new to all of this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new here. I just found out I have stage 3 kidney disease GFR 50 but I have had kidney disease for many years but doctors never told me. Why don't doctors feel it necessary to tell you that you have Kidney disease even if it is stage 1,2 or 3? I found out myself when my medical history was being made available to me online. I found out that I had kidney disease for at least 6 yrs (that's as far back as my history went) stage 2. It has been stage 3 for last 6 mos but just found out last month. My PCP is referring me to dietitian I haven't asked for referral to kidney dr. yet. My potassium level is ok, I do not have HBP or Diabetes, and as far as I know my other levels are ok. my PCP just said don't eat protein. I also have autoimmune diseases: Hashimoto, Sjogrens, Alopecia, Neuropathy, Osteoarthritis and Neuro asked me if I have Lupus I guess because of the kidney disease and my autoimmune problems. So anyway adding kidney disease to everything else is a little overwhelming. I am 64 almost 65 and have no family or anyone for support and trying to figure out what all I need to do is scary.

Comment

Originally posted by JudyinCA View Post
      I am new here. I just found out I have stage 3 kidney disease GFR 50 but I have had kidney disease for many years but doctors never told me. Why don't doctors feel it necessary to tell you that you have Kidney disease even if it is stage 1,2 or 3? I found out myself when my medical history was being made available to me online. I found out that I had kidney disease for at least 6 yrs (that's as far back as my history went) stage 2. It has been stage 3 for last 6 mos but just found out last month. My PCP is referring me to dietitian I haven't asked for referral to kidney dr. yet. My potassium level is ok, I do not have HBP or Diabetes, and as far as I know my other levels are ok. my PCP just said don't eat protein. I also have autoimmune diseases: Hashimoto, Sjogrens, Alopecia, Neuropathy, Osteoarthritis and Neuro asked me if I have Lupus I guess because of the kidney disease and my autoimmune problems. So anyway adding kidney disease to everything else is a little overwhelming. I am 64 almost 65 and have no family or anyone for support and trying to figure out what all I need to do is scary.
      Hi Judy, I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I wanted to share an option that you may find helpful, especially since you're feeling overwhelmed and scared right now. No-cost Kidney Smart classes can be a good opportunity to learn more about kidney disease, the different stages, treatment options, the kidney diet and more. You can search for a class near you here: http://bit.ly/2iBwy1d.

Please let us know if you have any questions with the tools and resources offered through myDaVita! We're here to help.

Have a great weekend

Comment

Working...
      X