38 years old, Stage 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 38 years old, Stage 4

I am 38, was told last week I have stage 4 ckd. My GFR is 19. I am very scared. My blood pressure is crazy, on losartan/hctz 100/12.5 but its always around 140/90. Type 2 diabetic. Mother of two teenage boys. I am tired a lot but other than that I feel ok. Going to see a nephrologist in 3 weeks. Afraid that is too far away, and I am frightened.

So sorry you are going through this. It is very scary I was the same when I was first diagnosed. A nephrologist will
    explain everything and set you up with a plan of care. Highly recommend you take the kidney classes. You can learn a lot from this site and diet changes and so forth. I wish you the best.

Comment

Probably about 2 years away. You probably need to get either a fistula or a peritoneal access tube done soon. If the time for dialysis is something that you can handle, let me tell you that your energy will return quickly after starting dialysis. i started dialysis 18 months ago; had high potassium, anemia, low energy, even a bit of mental confusion. Today, I went on a 50 mile bike ride.

Comment

I am in the same boat. I am 41 and a type 2 diabetic that now has stage four CKD and also Congestive Heart Failure. I am scared but I am not going to let the news consume my life and drag me down! I want to do everything in my power to slow or stop the progression! I see the kidney doctor next Monday!

Comment

when I started I had so many toxins in my body I could'nt think straight much less carry on a conversation without forgeting what I was going to say or just started crying me no reason. Once you get on a schedule with dialysis and your on the right meds and a healthy renal diet... I will bet you start to feel better.
          Do I think it sucks..... hell yeah... but I'm alive and see the sun rise every morning.. smell the coffee...hear the birds and marvel at what direction I take the rest of my life to. ................ that's not so bad huh?

Comment

My Name is Jevita Lester and I am 55 years old, just recently been told that I have stage 3 kidney disease. I am now under the care of Nephrologist, I am also very scared. My mother was a dialysis patient and I saw what she went through so I am very scared and upset. The diet is definitely a life style change, but I am trying really hard. My blood pressure is better since the Physician increased my medications, but this is a constant battle. I am trying to understand what I need to do better to help my current situation. I am really glad I found this program because it is helpful, I also sign up for a Kidney class, so I am going to fight as hard as I can to do better.

Comment

Originally posted by jlester View Post
              My Name is Jevita Lester and I am 55 years old, just recently been told that I have stage 3 kidney disease. I am now under the care of Nephrologist, I am also very scared. My mother was a dialysis patient and I saw what she went through so I am very scared and upset. The diet is definitely a life style change, but I am trying really hard. My blood pressure is better since the Physician increased my medications, but this is a constant battle. I am trying to understand what I need to do better to help my current situation. I am really glad I found this program because it is helpful, I also sign up for a Kidney class, so I am going to fight as hard as I can to do better.
              Hi Jevita, I'm very sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis but it seems like you have a great attitude! Attending a no-cost Kidney Smart class will allow you to learn more about kidney disease, treatment options and your important questions answered. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any myDaVita questions in the future - there are some great diet resources to help here as well! You can give the DaVita Diet Helper a try here: http://bit.ly/2ae6Vi2. Thank you, wishing you the best!

Comment

Working...
              X