Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malibusun
    replied
    Hi there! I identify so much with how you’re feeling. Coming to terms with things is truly difficult and so far a daily struggle for me. I’m in my late twenties but have been having health issues since my early twenties that prevented me from getting pregnant. This year I was diagnosed with CKD and my doctor has told me I shouldn’t get pregnant because in my case it would be too high risk. She told me and my husband to consider adoption or a surrogate. We’re still talking about it but it’s just so hard to come to terms with all the things that get taken away from us because of CKD. I truly hope in your case your doctors will tell you it’s okay to get pregnant. And truly hope that many advances are made in treating (hopefully curing) CKD.

Leave a comment:

• Alliesweetcake
    started a topic Coming to terms.

Coming to terms.

Hello I'm new to this page and I've been seeking someone to talk to about coming to terms with ckd as someone in their early twenties.
    I was diagnosed with ckd at sixteen due to a preexisting medical condition I didn't even know I had until then, it's called kidney reflux disease. I was also diagnosed with hypertension blood pressure. Being just sixteen I didn't know how to even begin to wrap my head around the fact that I had a chronic illness. I couldn't face the reality of what it was for a long time. At nineteen I ran from my illness afraid of the inevitable outcome for myself. I stopped going to the doctor, I stopping taking my medications up until about 10 months ago. I started to think about what future I truly had if I continued to not care for myself, what that would do to my family.
    As a twenty-three year old female I think about how much I want children, but could I carry a child? What steps would I have to take to make my body somewhat healthy for a child? Is this selfish of me to want a child? I constantly wish things were different but wishing never changes anything. Coming to the reality of what things are sucks.
Working...
X