Alternative to NSAIDS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative to NSAIDS??

I get headaches a few times per month and used to take NSAIDS. What are the alternatives for headaches? Thank you

I was told Tylenol only when absolutely needed.

Comment

Originally posted by lavsweetie View Post
      I get headaches a few times per month and used to take NSAIDS. What are the alternatives for headaches? Thank you
      Hi there! It'd be best if you speak with your local doctor to determine which medications you're able to take. Thanks!

Comment

As with 1scardeycat I was told Tylenol as well. I am on coumadin(blood thinner) too and NSAIDS are a BIG no no while on coumandin but tylenol can be used.

Comment

I agree, it depends on what your local dr says about you. Your dr would have your blood work to go by. Mine, for example, is caused by NSAIDS so I totally stay away from them. I take Tylenol ONLY for most pains & headaches. There is heat or ice that work for other aches and muscle pains.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing on the pain, today I also have a sinus infection, not been a good week just getting all the lab results this past Monday. Is there anything for sinus pressure? I cant lye down sit up just continually hurts

Comment

Hi, I'm experiencing severe lower back pain from packing boxes, bending and lifting. How does Tylenol or aspirin sound for the pain? Thanks.

Comment

Turmeric is worth a try. I can t take NSAIDs either so rely on Traumeric by Ortho Molecular Products 3x/day.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'll look up Traumeric.

Comment

Make sure you get Tumeric with pepper if you're going to try it, although it's risky to take anything without talking to your doctor first. Before I found out I had CRF, I tried Tumeric for my fibromyalgia and/or arthritic pain. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I do know someone who feels it does help though. Just check with your doctor first. I was just recently diagnosed but everything I've read says don't take any herbal or OTC medicine without talking to your doctor. Not even vitamins! I get migraines so I know what you're going through. I've made a rice bag and heat it up in the microwave. I lay in a dark, quiet room with the rice bag on my forehead and a lavender candle lit. I read somewhere that lavender helps. This routine has been helpful for me. I hope you find something that works for you! Hugs!

Comment

Aspirin is an NSAID. Tylenol is filtered through the liver, rather than through the kidneys. Watch the load on your liver...

Comment

Working...
                      X