Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B00mer42
    replied
    Thanks again kcramer. Last week I was in hospital and cardiologist did an angiogram with the use of minimal dye. I stayed in hospital so they could see effects and actually creatinine went down. I do know that the dye is a real problem for kidneys. So if the surgeon can do the surgery with out it that would be preferable. Not sure if that is the only part of the surgery that would be of any effect on the kidneys but will make it a point to put it on my questions list. Thanks again for reply.

Leave a comment:

• kcramer
    replied
    BOOmer 42 The surgeon the nephrologist sends you to will not use a dye if your kidney's are bad. It is the dye that will put your kidneys over the edge. Even when I had a CT done after I started dialysis a month ago, they did it without dye because my doctor doesn't want my kidney's to completely stop. I have PKD so I still pee and functions are working just not filtering.

Leave a comment:

• B00mer42
    replied
    Thank you kcramer for your reply. Cardiologist says I can wait as this surgery would possibly put kidneys over the edge but Nephrologist says go for it now. I see the surgeon on March 11 so I guess he will be the deciding vote. GFR is 24. I am also diabetic so this probably does not help either. Thanks again for the reply.

Leave a comment:

• kcramer
    replied
    It take at least three months to heal and you do not want a catheter put in your chest if you have to go on dialysis. If you are under GFR 20 get the procedure done sooner than later. Your doctor should be giving you direction in this.

Leave a comment:

• B00mer42
    started a topic Aortic Valve Replacement and Stage 4 Kidney Failure

Aortic Valve Replacement and Stage 4 Kidney Failure

Hello, I am new to posting in these forums, but have read just about every page. I have been at stage 4 kidney failure for just over a year now. This past week I found out I am going to need an Aortic valve replacement do to severe Aortic stenosis. Should I have the surgery now while kidneys are at the best they are ever going to be or wait until I am closer to stage 5. I would love to hear your thoughts on this.
Working...
X