Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matheaford
    replied
    It's a tough thing to try to manage low protein and eat lower carbohydrate. You can eat a higher fat diet, especially if it's unsaturated fats, which will help keep you feeling fuller. Some of the items, like beans and whole grains, can be good for you both as a diabetic and as a renal patient as long as you are not limited on potassium. The fiber in them keep you feeling full without as much protein. You have to keep yourself healthy and eat nutritious foods, even the little amounts of protein.
    How much protein are you taking in per day? You didn't mention what stage you are, and each stage has a little bit different diet. Another thing is that you should possibly try to walk a little after every meal to assist with keeping your blood sugars down if you can. Sometimes simple changes, like eating salads and using beans on them with an oil/vinegar dressing is a good way to get full without the carbs and protein.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCannuk
    replied
    I would love any direction on a renal diabetic diet. I can't find any recipes online where I know what all ingredients are. I have a list of what not to eat that runs a mile long but need some recipes for what I can eat for both diabetes and kidney disease.

Leave a comment:

• nanbridg
    replied
    Sunny I have had no luck finding specific web sites limiting protein and carbs I do eat potatoes ,pasta and breads in small amounts and this still keeps my blood sugar down , my fasting blood glucose in the am runs 107-118 at this tiime,I was on Tradjenta 10 mg daily, and stopped taking it 1 1/2 months ago and have not had any increase in my am blood glucose.corn is my enemy so I avoid it.

Leave a comment:

• Gramma13
    started a topic Kidney diet for diabetics

Kidney diet for diabetics

I've been reading the book that so many of you have mentioned in your posts, but very worried about limiting protein ( I cave in with hunger with lo protein amounts in a meal, and even more concerned about all those carbs!! I have managed my diabetes with diet and few carbs. Eating pasta, rice , or potatoes is out of the question unless I ignore the large spikes in blood sugar.
    How do those of you with diabetes deal with this?
    Thanx, Sunny
Working...
X