X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrazyCannuk View Post
    I would love any direction on a renal diabetic diet. I can't find any recipes online where I know what all ingredients are. I have a list of what not to eat that runs a mile long but need some recipes for what I can eat for both diabetes and kidney disease.

I am working on this myself! It can be done! The best thing is to cut back on protein as much as possible; eat very little meat, lots of veggies and fruit. According to my doctor, the old guidelines for low carb are being changed by recent studies.It's the value of the carbs that are important. For instance, carbs from pasta vs. carbs from fruits and veggies. I'd be happy to give you some of the recipes I'm developing! I have not seen whether there is a forum for recipes yet, but I can post them there or send them to you.
    I'd also recommend the book Protienaholic by Dr. Garth Davis.

Comment

I made this recipe this week and it was great! http://www.cilantroandcitronella.com...-curried-rice/
      Next time I make it I will probably increase the ginger and curry powder a little. I also like spicy food, so I added a pinch of birds-eye chili powder as seasoning on my serving (my husband does not like food as spicy as I do.) Let me know if you try it.

Comment

Originally posted by maiahsdad View Post

Hello. I'm in the very same boat. I find myself being very nauseated, frustrated, and feeling sick all the time. The renal dietitian would only say what could be good, and just use moderation. I have Stage 3, and Type 2 Diabetes. One thing says eat white rice, and the other says brown. It's like whatever helps Diabetes, kills the kidneys, and visa versa. Am I just doomed to either go on dialysis, or just starve to death. This has been SO DISCOURAGING.... I'm trying hard not to hate my heritage... I walk around the grocery store not knowing WHAT to get. Everything I see, I remember that I can't have it for one of the diseases. Sounds like a death sentence..... just being honest about my feelings.

I need to know WHAT I CAN eat, and HOW MUCH OF IT...... Three dietitians have taken the money, and NOT given me ANYTHING conclusive.

​Hi maiahsdad, feeling frustrated and confused around a new diet is completely normal, especially when trying to manage two different diets. Have you tried the DaVita Diet Helper yet? It allows you to plan and track kidney-friendly meals that adhere to your nutritional goals - and there is an option to indicate whether or not your'e on a diabetic diet as well. A lot of DaVita's 1,000+ recipes are both kidney-friendly and diabetes friendly. Give it a try here: http://bit.ly/2ae6Vi2.

I hope this helps! Have a great day

Comment

Originally posted by KelseyAtDaVita View Post

​Hi maiahsdad, feeling frustrated and confused around a new diet is completely normal, especially when trying to manage two different diets. Have you tried the DaVita Diet Helper yet? It allows you to plan and track kidney-friendly meals that adhere to your nutritional goals - and there is an option to indicate whether or not your'e on a diabetic diet as well. A lot of DaVita's 1,000+ recipes are both kidney-friendly and diabetes friendly. Give it a try here: http://bit.ly/2ae6Vi2.

I hope this helps! Have a great day

THE DIET HELPER IS FABULOUS.

Comment