gastroparesis and ckd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gastroparesis and ckd

how does one stay on a kidney healthy diet with acute gastroparesis I was on TPN for ten years not anymore.! also can you drink the Ensure juice products?

Hi gutsytruck, I'd recommend reaching out to a local dietitian for any specific diet questions since everyone's needs and circumstances vary.

Have a great weekend!

Comment

I have stage 3b CKD and gastroperesis, in September of last year I started tube feedings with jevity via a g/j tube . It's going okay, I'm able to eat small meals, consisting mainly of soups. You have to be careful about sodium and protein. I also will drink those equate nutritional shakes, so you probably can drink the ensure juice, my hospital put them on my meal trays, good luck, also your doc probably uses a dietitian , mine was working at my local hospital .

Comment

Gastroparesis and ckd are similar in that they both involve the nervous system controlling the flow of food through the digestive tract. The main difference between them is that gastroparesis is caused by damage to the vagus nerve while ckd is caused by damage to the kidneys.
        cinenerdle stumble guys

Comment

Working...
        X