What to do for the nausea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do for the nausea.

I am starting to have more nausea. I am stage 3b with GFR at 40 I know people don't usually have nausea at this stage but I do and most days I can't eat but a couple of bites. Does anyone have suggestions on other things to do for the nausea. I take over the counter acid reducer and that does help some but I know I can't go for ever without eating more than a couple of bites a day. I usually make my self eat at least half of food on my plate which is usually around 10 bites or so before I can't force my self to eat more. I feel like I am going to start going downhill faster if I can't eat. Any suggestions would be a big help. Thanks.

I also am having trouble with nausea and in stage 3 though I'm wondering if I have progressed further. I'm due for my blood work next week so we'll see. Let me know if you find any relief. I have a prescription for zofran but not sure if that's an approved med to take with CKD.

Comment

I'm Stage 5. I have nausea almost every day. Doc gave me an rx for Fenergan (Promethazine). It's helped tremendously. Check with your doctor.

Comment

With a GFR of 40, it's not your kidneys that's causing your nausea. You need to see your doctor (not your nephrologist) immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by raramorgan View Post
          I am starting to have more nausea. I am stage 3b with GFR at 40 I know people don't usually have nausea at this stage but I do and most days I can't eat but a couple of bites. Does anyone have suggestions on other things to do for the nausea. I take over the counter acid reducer and that does help some but I know I can't go for ever without eating more than a couple of bites a day. I usually make my self eat at least half of food on my plate which is usually around 10 bites or so before I can't force my self to eat more. I feel like I am going to start going downhill faster if I can't eat. Any suggestions would be a big help. Thanks.
          i take anti nausea meds when i feel like this... i get it from my primary doctor but your nephrologist may prescribe some to you check with them

Comment

I think I have progressed further too. I have taken Phen. before so I will ask him when I see him. I also have to do labs next week and see my Neph on the 1st of March then we will know. I will also ask him if the CKD has gotten worse if that is the reason for so much nausea. If it hasn't I will find out what it might be. I have taken Zofran because when I had Rituxan they gave me Zofran for nausea. I had so much medicine in me I was sick to my stomach the entire infusion so I am sure you can take it with CKD. Thanks for all the replies. I have tried eating crackers and drinking sprite but it only helps for a short while. I have tried not eating anything spicy or fried or heavy when I do eat I eat baked chicken, dry toast, anything to help. Nothing is helping but for a short period of time.

Comment

Hi I have a suggestion if you would like to try something new. It's a soup made with ginger... Fresh ginger.
              Get about two inches of it, wash it, slice it all up and boil it with two cloves of garlic ( slice that up too).
              Boil with about 6 cups of good water ( not tap ) for about an hour.
              You could add a little kosher salt.
              Eat this soup with cooked rice or by itself.
              You can also chop up some chicken breast and cook it in this soup... Cook it till tender bring to boil then simmer.
              But I think you should avoid meat when you have nausea...... Try it I know you will love it... Ginger is good for nausea❤️
              Last edited by TrnaDee; 02-26-2016, 03:16 AM. Reason: Time for boiling😊

Comment

thanks for all the replies,.I will have to try some ginger stuff and see if I can find something I like about it.

Comment

Originally posted by TrnaDee View Post
                  Hi I have a suggestion if you would like to try something new. It's a soup made with ginger... Fresh ginger.
                  Get about two inches of it, wash it, slice it all up and boil it with two cloves of garlic ( slice that up too).
                  Boil with about 6 cups of good water ( not tap ) for about an hour.
                  You could add a little kosher salt.
                  Eat this soup with cooked rice or by itself.
                  You can also chop up some chicken breast and cook it in this soup... Cook it till tender bring to boil then simmer.
                  But I think you should avoid meat when you have nausea...... Try it I know you will love it... Ginger is good for nausea❤️
                  Good idea it is made similar to ginger tea. Ginger is suppose to be good for nausea. It never worked for me for some reason but it does work for some people.

Comment

Working...
                  X