Recommended amount of protein for CKD stages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended amount of protein for CKD stages

Davita needs to Provide examples. E.g., "limit protein to 10% of calories per day". Explain with an example how to calculate this. Is that protein calories? or grams of meat for the number of calories per day? Davita needs to clarify, be explicit.

Hello Raffman have you seen a dietician? They should be able to clarify which it is. I am not on dialysis so I am not sure what they mean. It sounds like they are saying all protein is limited to 10 percent of your daily intake. Meaning a 2000 calorie diet your protein should be 200 calories. But sounds a little low for ALL protein. If you are not seeing a renal dietician I would definitely get referred to one as soon as you can. What stage are you? Are you on dialysis at this point? It makes a difference in how much protein you eat whether you are on dialysis or not. Sorry I really couldn't give you a definite answer. I hope someone on here can clear it up for you. Take Care.

Comment

Hi Raffman, I'm glad to see you are interested in the dietary protocol. There are suggestions on other sites as to how much protein you should include in your diet. I found a cool app that allows you to program in your individual values and then track the foods you eat. It's a lot like the tracker on Davita, but a little more specific and adjustable. Message me if you're interested. Joe

Comment

Need help, have been only watching salt

Comment

Originally posted by crweisn View Post
          Need help, have been only watching salt
          Hi crweisn, thanks for reaching out here. I'd recommend speaking with a local renal dietitian to determine what else you should be careful of with your diet. Let me know if you have any questions with myDaVita, I'm happy to help. Have a great day!

Comment

Hi everyone what are the normal ranges for microalbumin/creating levels in urin test

Comment

How to control protein level in urin

Comment

Originally posted by Abarseg View Post
                Hi everyone what are the normal ranges for microalbumin/creating levels in urin test

I've done some research on what is normal in regards to creatinine levels in the blood. I recently had my bloodwork done and the levels were 2.1, which is high. I believe normal range of creatinine in the blood should be between 0.6 and 1.35. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                X