New to home PD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to home PD

I am the caregiver for my mom who has just started home PD. I was wondering how long it takes for someone to get use to having 2000'm in there abdomen? My mom has been complaining that she can not tolerate having 2000'm in her at one time. How do I get her thru this? Please help.

At the risk of sounding like a "meanie", think your mom needs some tough love. I'm a caregiver to my husband and more than once I have said "We'll get through this" He's been on PD since July 2011, at that time, he was pretty sick and life was a struggle, just putting one foot in front of the other. After only a few months the difference was unbelievable. Today, he is almost like his old self. Dialysis is part of our lives, without it, I would, quite likely, be a widow and I am thankful every day that this treatment is available.

Be strong for your mom during this trying time, the effort will be worth it, and, just as important, take care of yourself.

Comment

Thank you for your words of encouragement. Today we had a talk, I told her one day at a time. We will get thru this. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X