Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sewla
    replied
    PJones, I hear your reluctance and frustration. I was GFR 5 and had dialysis for acute kidney failure. Over a period of several months, the kidneys improved to GFR 18, but now the nephrologist says thats not going to continue and is preparing me for permanent dialysis and/or transplant. I'm looking into the pros and cons of PD and HD. What are your thoughts on that? You asked about symptoms -- my major symptoms were EXTREME fatigue (unable to walk from my car into the doctor's office without stopping to rest) and shortness of breath. I wish you well and hope to hear more from you.

Leave a comment:

• PJones1921
    replied
    Originally posted by PJones1921 View Post
    The time has come....my kidneys are tired and can't go on anymore. Hence it is time for PD. I am looking forward to meeting other people who are going through this same journey, to learn, get questions answered and grow my network of support.
    .....Let the adventures begin...
    Errr....that was a bit dramatic and sappy....I blame it on the memory issues due to my failing kidneys. I am at GFR 8, stage 5 and feeling every bit of it. I feel like I am so toxic-I am probably leaking radiation. I have all the classic symptoms of ESRD. It's probably a good thing I will be starting PD very soon, as in a few weeks. My body is telling me yes I am ready, but my mind is sooo...not ready. I am just curious what symptoms people experienced just before starting dialysis? And are these symptoms relieved once dialysis starts? If so, how soon?

Leave a comment:

• PJones1921
    started a topic Another newbie to PD

Another newbie to PD

The time has come....my kidneys are tired and can't go on anymore. Hence it is time for PD. I am looking forward to meeting other people who are going through this same journey, to learn, get questions answered and grow my network of support.
    .....Let the adventures begin...
Working...
X