Davita not that concerned about one pt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davita not that concerned about one pt

I have been on home hemo for several years. My first nurse was awesome! After one year she quit. She was not happy about working so many hours. They should not have let her go. I moved to a new Davita facility closer to my home. I have had four other nurses. They change all the time. My last nurse was rude and nasty. She had a helper because she is new to home hemo. He was more rude. If I know something or suggest something I am a "Know it all". So I tried to kill them with kindness. So they stepped it up and would be rude to my face or would jump all over me waiting for me to say something. for instance...."The helper" came to my house to start new buttonholes. I was sitting in my chair everything ready. He comes in puts the needles in looks at the cycler running and ready and says "OH...The machine is not ready." I say "yes it is?" He did this three times for some reason. He looked right at it and said this. Another time I needed an IV. The nurse had to come to my house. She said what is a good time? I said "I don't know....maybe...2pm....230pm....?" She said rudly " I am not coming to your house too late... not at night either." I would not think to ask her to do that COME ON!
    I had many more events like this and much more so I said ok I have had enough. I told the social worker I should go somewhere else this facility and nurse is too much. I am sick and do not need this. BUT I would like to complaint so no one has to put up with this.
    I HAVE BECOME THE ENEMY. I called headquarters and they said "Our suppervisor will call you in ten days if not call back." That was 3 MONTHS AGO. I have called and called. No one calls me back. They are waiting for me to just leave. I have never felt like such a burden in my time of need. I know I am not and treat everyone with respect even when they treat me wrong. But I have to draw the line and stop letting people walk all over me. THANKS DAVITA!
    Last edited by jelost7; 09-05-2012, 02:05 PM.

I'll keep thin Very short; your problem is Davita! You are but a number and make dollars and cents, that is All! Your only hope is to leave Davita all together. I've been doing this 25 years as of today, Believe me when I say I know.
    All the best in your health and your life.
    Stay Well.
    Dr. Kev

Comment

Originally posted by jelost7 View Post
      I have been on home memo for several years. My first nurse was awesome! After one year she quit. She was not happy about working so many hours. They should not have let her go. I moved to a new Davita facility closer to my home. I have had four other nurses. They change all the time. My last nurse was rude and nasty. She had a helper because she is new to home hemo. He was more rude. If I know something or suggest something I am a "Know it all". So I tried to kill them with kindness. So they stepped it up and would be rude to my face or would jump all over me waiting for me to say something. for instance...."The helper" came to my house to start new buttonholes. I was sitting in my chair everything ready. He comes in puts the needles in looks at the cycler running and ready and says "OH...The machine is not ready." I say "yes it is?" He did this three times for some reason. He looked right at it and said this. Another time I needed an IV. The nurse had to come to my house. She said what is a good time? I said "I don't know....maybe...2pm....230pm....?" She said rudly " I am not coming to your house too late... not at night either." I would not think to ask her to do that COME ON!
      I had many more events like this and much more so I said ok I have had enough. I told the social worker I should go somewhere else this facility and nurse is too much. I am sick and do not need this. BUT I would like to complaint so no one has to put up with this.
      I HAVE BECOME THE ENEMY. I called headquarters and they said "Our suppervisor will call you in ten days if not call back." That was 3 MONTHS AGO. I have called and called. No one calls me back. They are waiting for me to just leave. I have never felt like such a burden in my time of need. I know I am not and treat everyone with respect even when they treat me wrong. But I have to draw the line and stop letting people walk all over me. THANKS DAVITA!

Jelost,

I would consider yourself lucky if you have nurses that will come to the house. Many clinics do not offer this and you have to go to the center if you wanted new buttonholes or for other reasons.
      How often do you dialyze? What type of cycler do you use? For the most part, they are running a business. I find employee turnover is great. This is why we must do all we can and educate ourselves and do as much as we can for ourselves so we dont have to rely on the nurses all the time.
      Do you insert your own needles?
      NxStage - Since April - 06
      Facebook: Dialysis Discussion Uncensored

Comment

I do consider myself lucky, that I pay a great deal for my insurance TO do home hemo. I picked this facility for that reason. I DO think I should be given respect just like I give it. What gives anyone the right to be rude and nasty- (because they are coming to my house?) WHAT! Why become a nurse if you can not talk to people like human beings? Also I could care less how many turnovers they have, but keep the good ones and get rid of the bad ones if they want a good business. Also I do a great deal for myself my doctor ordered the nurse to do buttonholes and IV. I NEVER call nurses for anything I can do myself!!
        Last edited by jelost7; 09-05-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jelost7 View Post
          I do consider myself lucky, that I pay a great deal for my insurance TO do home hemo. I picked this facility for that reason. I DO think I should be given respect just like I give it. What gives anyone the right to be rude and nasty- (because they are coming to my house?) WHAT! Why become a nurse if you can not talk to people like human beings? Also I could care less how many turnovers they have, but keep the good ones and get rid of the bad ones if they want a good business. Also I do a great deal for myself my doctor ordered the nurse to do buttonholes and IV. I NEVER call nurses for anything I can do myself!!
          Jelost,

Someone that seems horrible to you may seem wonderful to another patient. Do you do anything such as write a letter or talk to your nephrologists about the issues you are having? I would start with the social worker and nephrologists. If nothing happens then you should go higher up to the administrator etc... If they dont know whats going on and its not reported, nothing will be done.

///M3Riddler
          NxStage - Since April - 06
          Facebook: Dialysis Discussion Uncensored

Comment

so as someone new trying to get accepted by a home hemodialysis clinic, would another company like Fresenius be any better? My son has a trach and we're trying to get accepted by a clinic to learn home hemo so he can be 'discharged' home. Seems Davita clinic 'powers they are' are 'afraid' of the trach due to 'liability' .. even though the trach is NOT AN ISSUE, as I've taken care of my son all his life and he's now 23. He had his trach since an infant. Hemodialysis is new and we're at a LTAC Hospital trying to transition home on home hemo. Suggestions?
            Jeremy Kaili

Comment

No matter where you go you'll find a highly stressed staff, its the job itself that makes everyone involved in it stressful..even the patient. The medical field is a high pressure environment where everyone is affected..overworked staff and the crisis of shortage of Nephrologists and other Doctors. We're facing a crisis of too many patients to care for and we must understand that. It is very hard and we must prove that we're great candidates for home dialysis.
              My Blog Site
              Http://www.dailyhemo.org
              sigpic

Comment

Each center is different. Each may or may not be individually run. For the most part the centers I have been to have all been great. However the center nearest my home is not so good. I have moved to a center about 30 mins away and the whole staff is awesome. Many have left my previous center and also moved to the new center. As mentined above start with the social worker from the site. You may end up shooting yourself in the foot though as they then may get hostile. If speaking with the center social worker doesn't work then do indeed escalate it. They should not treat you as mentioned. Be pushy and speak up. I am known as a pushy patient, but in the end it's your and my health that are number one.

Comment

Working...
                X