Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spunkynut
    replied
    carriagehouse.com has many different kinds of clothing for peritoneal dialysis patients. We shop there regularly. Hope you find something you can use to make life easier.

Leave a comment:

• spunkynut
    replied
    go to carriagehouse.com and see what you'd like to find. We shop there ;pretty often. I hope this helps you.

Leave a comment:

• stanleybomboy02
    replied
    Dear one, we tried so many different belts? Some good friends tried to make my husband different belts, non seemed to work they were just not comfortable. Then one day while I was out shopping I saw a soft woman's tube top and said let's give it a try? We did and I bought 6 of them, we bought them at Dillard's. They hold his cath in place and he never worries about something pulling out his cath. Which happened once and we had to have a new one put in, not a fun time for him. Google luck

Leave a comment:

• DanCars
    replied
    Hi everyone. I had my catheter placed about 5 weeks ago and don't really like taping it to my belly. I tried, and LOVE, those t-shirt extenders... I pasted a link to the walmart ad for them, below. The best thing is, that they have them at the Dollarama, in my town, for $2.50 for a package of 2 - so, only $1.25 each. I bought 4 or 5 packages, so have one for every day of the week (saving laundering for the weekend ! They're made out of a t-shirt cotton and wash really well and are very comfortable. My catheter is placed up high, just below my rib cage on the right hand side, so I just wear the t-shirt band right around my middle, with my catheter tube tucked comfortably and snuggly under it... but you could fold the band over, double width, if you wanted to, also. Even if you can't get them at a Dollarama, or similar store, I'm sure you could find them at walmart of various other similar stores...they just might be a bit more than $2.50...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/As-Seen-on...Large/20850473

Leave a comment:

• DSmith7206
    replied
    I bought a belt from Stickman Industries - very comfortable and reasonably priced at $23. Comes in white, black or bone and in different sizes. Love it!

Leave a comment:

• DOPODMANI
    replied
    I have a cath belt from Patients Pride that is mostly nylon and is individually fitted. It fits around the stomach and I don't even know I'm wearing it. I So much more comfortable than the other belts and tape I used before getting it. They are little pricey ($99 for 3), but I got my medical insurance to pay for it. Look at]www.PatientsPride.com for details. It was recommended by my DaVita PD nurse.

Leave a comment:

• ForHer2
    replied
    I just paid $76 for four belts. Wife likes them. Gotta check and see if between her insurance and Medicare they're covered.

Leave a comment:

• Penny1960
    replied
    Bill That is a Very good idea using the panty hose. I have been trying to find the right kind of a belt. Honestly I would like to make my own if i could just find what one looks like. But anyway now i have more time tolook. Thanks again.
    Penny1960

Leave a comment:

• tati759
    replied
    I' m still trying to figure out the best way for me, just bought the belt, but wasn't that comfortable , Since I'm new to all that need to find what's gonna work for me best, so far it has been the tape like "mspiper"... Lets see...

Leave a comment:

• mspiper
    replied
    I use cloth tape and tape the tube to my tummy. I hated the belt and tried other things. Tape just works best for me.

Leave a comment:

• jw154
    replied
    Re: PD Cath Belt

I know this sounds a little silly but I looked and looked for something for Jarod to use to hold his PD cath. Well, I have 3 kids and gave it some thought. The Belly Band which is a maternity support belt is a piece of simple cloth with some elastic in the edges. It is so soft and he folds it over the cath and it keeps it in place all day. No added tape. The adhesive irritates his skin so bad and he ends up with micro tears. So maybe stop by Target or somewhere like that and look for a maternity support band. Whatever works. :-) Atleast it will be more comfortable for you. Which is all that counts.

Leave a comment:

• lyreesha
    replied

thats odd I love my belt.... its a really soft material and cant even tell its there

Leave a comment:

• EricAFinley
    replied

I think, it’s a helpful topic. I like this topic. I want know some helpful things from this side. It fresh my mind and experience. So lots of thanks for sharing this information with me.

Leave a comment:

• Bill0421
    replied

Originally posted by McKenzie311 View Post
    I am a caretaker for a very new ESRD patient (28 yr. old, told had full failure three months ago after a two week hospital stay). Two weeks ago he had a PD port put in and finds the belt the center gave use highly uncomfortable. Has anyone tried to make their own out of a softer fabric?

This is the first time I have posted to the forum but I have been reading it for support since we got the diagnosis. I really appreciate everyone's insight.

McKenzie
    What works really well for me is I cut off the legs of pantyhose and that is snug enough to hold the PD port tight and if will not move

Leave a comment:

• Sky
    replied

I was a PD caregiver for five years. Have you looked at the PD Security Band? www.PatientsPride.com If you have private insurance as your primary insurance, you might be able to be reimbursed. You call them with a measuring tape in-hand and go through about a 15 minute measuring process. I've heard it's totally comfortable and it's great for active PD patients!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X