No announcement yet.

PD Cath Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just paid $76 for four belts. Wife likes them. Gotta check and see if between her insurance and Medicare they're covered.

Comment

I have a cath belt from Patients Pride that is mostly nylon and is individually fitted. It fits around the stomach and I don't even know I'm wearing it. I So much more comfortable than the other belts and tape I used before getting it. They are little pricey ($99 for 3), but I got my medical insurance to pay for it. Look at]www.PatientsPride.com for details. It was recommended by my DaVita PD nurse.

Comment

I bought a belt from Stickman Industries - very comfortable and reasonably priced at $23. Comes in white, black or bone and in different sizes. Love it!

Comment

Hi everyone. I had my catheter placed about 5 weeks ago and don't really like taping it to my belly. I tried, and LOVE, those t-shirt extenders... I pasted a link to the walmart ad for them, below. The best thing is, that they have them at the Dollarama, in my town, for $2.50 for a package of 2 - so, only $1.25 each. I bought 4 or 5 packages, so have one for every day of the week (saving laundering for the weekend ! They're made out of a t-shirt cotton and wash really well and are very comfortable. My catheter is placed up high, just below my rib cage on the right hand side, so I just wear the t-shirt band right around my middle, with my catheter tube tucked comfortably and snuggly under it... but you could fold the band over, double width, if you wanted to, also. Even if you can't get them at a Dollarama, or similar store, I'm sure you could find them at walmart of various other similar stores...they just might be a bit more than $2.50...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/As-Seen-on...Large/20850473

Comment

Dear one, we tried so many different belts? Some good friends tried to make my husband different belts, non seemed to work they were just not comfortable. Then one day while I was out shopping I saw a soft woman's tube top and said let's give it a try? We did and I bought 6 of them, we bought them at Dillard's. They hold his cath in place and he never worries about something pulling out his cath. Which happened once and we had to have a new one put in, not a fun time for him. Google luck

Comment

go to carriagehouse.com and see what you'd like to find. We shop there ;pretty often. I hope this helps you.

Comment

carriagehouse.com has many different kinds of clothing for peritoneal dialysis patients. We shop there regularly. Hope you find something you can use to make life easier.

Comment

Working...
                X