Urine changes since having Kidney Disease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urine changes since having Kidney Disease

Hi, I searched the forum first but I could not find anything. Has anyone noticed how their urine has changed. How has your urine changed. My urine is always cloudy it is clear to sometimes lite yellow and it always has lots of things floating in it - I dont know if i should call it sediment or what-but its a lot in their. What have you guys experienced - and what does that mean with my urine. Thank you so much - hope i did not gross anyone out - i know im nauseous all the time and typing this didnt help.
    CKD-Stage 3 - non-diabetic - no high blood pressure- hypoparathyroidism)take large amounts of calcium and it damages kidneys) and hypothyroid

Re: Urine changes since having Kidney Disease

Originally posted by shelby-kay View Post
    Hi, I searched the forum first but I could not find anything. Has anyone noticed how their urine has changed. How has your urine changed. My urine is always cloudy it is clear to sometimes lite yellow and it always has lots of things floating in it - I dont know if i should call it sediment or what-but its a lot in their. What have you guys experienced - and what does that mean with my urine. Thank you so much - hope i did not gross anyone out - i know im nauseous all the time and typing this didnt help.
    Mine is foamy

Comment

What stage are you in?
      I also have the bubbles and frequent urination, I hate getting up in the middle of the nite.
      CKD-Stage 3 - non-diabetic - no high blood pressure- hypoparathyroidism)take large amounts of calcium and it damages kidneys) and hypothyroid

Comment

What stage are you in?
        I also have the bubbles and frequent urination, I hate getting up in the middle of the nite.
        stage three-I have that problem too. I get pain in my lower abdomen like I have to go to the bathroom and then only go a little. This happens throughout the night and keep me from falling asleep. Not sure what can be done for this, my doc isnt either.

Comment

my husband experiences these symptoms too, or he'll get in there and it will take him a few minutes to get his flow started. His urine changes ... color, smell, bubbles, cloudy ... He is also Stage 3 - I am guessing it is just part of the disease. We've mentioned it to our doc several times and keep getting told its normal.
          ~Angel~

When life knocks you to your knees, your in the perfect position to pray

Comment

Hi shelby-kay, I have experienced this also at times. The last time it happened the urine looked really abnormal so I called my Dr. and had a urinalysis done later that day. That sample was clear and showed no bacteria or protein. The Dr. is repeating the test in a few days but did not say much. I thought this was more common in the later stages of ckd.

Toni
            May you always have Love to share, Health to spare, and Friends that care

Acute Kidney Function Loss 12/07 - GFR 39
            Current GFR 46 - Stage 3 - Controlled HBP

Comment

Originally posted by Tonia View Post
              Hi shelby-kay, I have experienced this also at times. The last time it happened the urine looked really abnormal so I called my Dr. and had a urinalysis done later that day. That sample was clear and showed no bacteria or protein. The Dr. is repeating the test in a few days but did not say much. I thought this was more common in the later stages of ckd.

Toni
              I want to add something. For the guys, you have to consider the possibility of an enlarged prostate which causes frequent urination with a slow flow or going just a little. I am guessing your Dr.s stay up on that.
              May you always have Love to share, Health to spare, and Friends that care

Acute Kidney Function Loss 12/07 - GFR 39
              Current GFR 46 - Stage 3 - Controlled HBP

Comment

I am also in Stage 3 - mine has stayed cloudy that does not change - like i said before the color does change from clear to lite yellow - with all this stuff floating in it - and bubbles. I go frequently and sometimes I am like i just went and I still urinate a lot when i go. Thank you guys for posting. Just wonder what other people are experiencing with urine. Now that I have this i pay attention to my urine everytime i go.

Comment

Remember hydration or lack thereof plays a role in the colour, smell and clarity of the urine.

Comment

My husband accuses me that "urine" is my favorite subject (although I don't think so!) Haaha. I don't do anything consistent when it comes to urine. I've had very clear urine for years and years--no color at all. And then it'd be foamy one day, and clear the next. Since my diagnosis over a year ago, I started making major changes in my diet, and now I have light yellow urine. On occasion it is bubbly but usually only around 10 AM and no other time of day. I still can't figure that out although my suspicions are phosphorus buildup. I don't have any proof of that, but just my gut feeling. It is my experience that when I drink water with Real Lemon in it, the urine will light yellow and clear. Normally, lemon water is my main drink, always. On occasion I will have a half cup of coffee, or a clear soft drink, but other than those, it's lemon water.
                    Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease, 17% renal function, 11 years
                    *Non diabetic *Non dialysis
                    High Blood Pressure, controlled

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."
                    ~Corrie ten Boom

Comment

I think its just so amazing how we can talk about our urine - but I am also glad that we are paying attention to our urine. Maybe you have phosphorus build up at nite, and around 10am is when you have passed it out of your system, i dont know- i was just thinking.

Comment

I think its just so amazing how we can talk about our urine - but I am also glad that we are paying attention to our urine. Maybe you have phosphorus build up at nite, and around 10am is when you have passed it out of your system, i dont know- i was just thinking.
                        Your probably right

Comment

Hi!
                          My husband's urine has been bubbly for the last couple of years, but really really bubbly in the last year or so. His nephrologist told him it was protein coming out in his urine. He just started PD last week.
                          Caregiver (CG) to diabetic husband with cirrhosis and ESRD, on PD with cycler since October 2010.
                          Update: Hubby received liver/kidney transplant in June 2011! We are blessed.

Comment

my son is now post tx, but all through stage 3 he had colorless, foamy, strong smelling urine. his doc told us its either protein or the underprocessed 'fluid dumping' a damaged kidney produces. since his most damaged portion of his kidney was the section that filters the fluids out, he went to the bathroom constantly and it almost had no color at all from lack of being 'processed' correctly by the kidney. I think that also caused foam, bubbles or 'sediment' mentioned in the post. Just a sign the kidney is not really doing its full job. We were always told it was a normal symptom of CKF.
                            thanks,
                            lynne

Comment

I have foamy urine all the time, like some people mentioned its just part of the kidney disease. I am stage 5 so I have it more often.

Comment

Working...
                              X