Ideas Needed please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas Needed please!

I am currently experiencing nausea, dry mouth, and temperature swings...but mostly cold. Does anyone have any ideas how to curb the nausea? This really stinks!
    Phil:4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

Stage 4 PKD / Current Creatine 2.06 / Current GFR 27

Re: Ideas Needed please!

try a few saltines for the nausea - hope it helps. Feeling cold can sometimes mean anemia, that's treatable/ What stage are you ?

Comment

I am in stage 4. I see my Dr. next Tuesday. I hear a lot about the Renal Diet. It isn't anything my Dr. has approached me about at this point. But I wonder If some of what I am experiencing couldn't be due to my diet? So far my lab results show everything in the normal range except for protein. Who knows...we'll see. Wish me luck!

Phil:4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Comment

Hello,
        Yeah....nausea really stinks and when you combine it with other symptoms...it is even worse. I tend to get carsick and have experienced seasickness and I found that ginger really helps. I would always check with my doctor before using anything, but there are ginger candies and pure ginger crystals etc. available. I personally hate the taste of ginger....but, it did work for me, and I hope you can try it and it works for you too. Other than that, saltines, gingerale (there's that ginger again!) and sometimes sips of plain broth help. Take care.

Comment

I used to get nausea all the time from medication I take, so I have tried it all. The best I have found if you are taking a medication take it with food and MILK. Another really good thing is "Quesy Pops" or Quesy Drops." They come in reg. or Sugar free. Most of the flavors are pretty good. You can order them from www.threelollies.com When ever I start
          to feel nauseated I get one right away. And no I have no stock or special interest in the company LOL They just work!! good luck

Comment

re: the dry mouth--there are several good products out there for relief. None have sugar. One is by Oragel--it's a gel that you squeeze onto your tongue. The other one (name forgotten) is a very thin film which you place on the roof of your mouth. Haven't tried that one yet,, but it's supposed to be at Rite-Aid. I don't have dry mouth from the CKD, but I am a singer and sometimes need help with that.

Good luck,
            Janice

Comment

Biotene is a toothpaste, rinse and gel you can get from a dentist. Mine gave me a nice trial pack. Dry mouth can add to plaque build-up (one more thing!) so the hygenist recommended I try it.

The Rx for nausea is Zofran, but ask for the generic. It is pricey. I don't take it very often, but it works well for me so I can get to work on those queasy days.
              Diagnosed FSGS 1998
              Related Transplant 2004
              Unrelated Transplant 2009

Comment

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I really appreciate it. I saw my Dr. on Tues. He gave me a perscription for the nausea, but I think I will try other remedies first.

Comment

ginger is great for nausea, so is mint.

You can make tea, or chew on a mint leave (no phosphorus there, LOL)

take care and hope you feel better real soon!!

Marina
                  I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

Working...
                  X