Why do people not respond to posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people not respond to posts?

I'm curious. I joined this list in December because I seriously am looking for support and information - plus I go to a Davita center. I also joined the IHateDialysis.com list and asked the same questions there. I never got any response to my questions on this list. I have received many from the other list and have asked (and answered) many more. As a matter of fact, I even forgot that I had joined the Davita list until today when I somehow pulled up my posted questions only to find zero replies. Hmmm. As I look at the other posts, there are hundreds or thousands of 'views' to most posts but only a fraction or zero replies. Why is that? I think it's important to at least acknowledge someone's request for help even if we can't help. But, I believe that with so many members here on the Davita site, most can help - they sadly just don't. We need to put more effort into reaching out to meet others' outstretched hands. Hands that are asking for our help. I'm new. I don't think I've even answered anyone else here, but, as I said, I completely forgot that I had even joined because I got no response to my questions. I personally think we could do better. Other lists do.
    Not at all. Lots of room for improvement.
    14.29%
    Somewhat lacking but better than nothing.
    23.81%
    No opinion either way.
    4.76%
    For the most part, yes.
    42.86%
    Absolutely!
    14.29%
    My Store
    http://wramsay.qhealthbeauty.com/
    My Homepage
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1360051838&ref=name

Re: Why do people not respond to posts?

Huh?

LOL! Just teasing. I just went back and looked at your previous postings. I remembered having read them but I know nothing about bladder cancer and low platelets, nor anything about the NW and nephrologists available in that area. I'm certainly not opposed to talking with anyone, but I have no answers to your previous questions.

Sorry about your fistula problem. I hope tomorrow goes much better and your arm heals quickly. Good luck!
    My Writings

Comment

Like Cassie I know little about the questions you raised. I should, however, have at least given you a welcome and I am sorry that I did not do that. I hope your fistula matures so that you can get better dialysis.
      To the stars through difficulty!

Comment

I'm with you. I see the large numbers of views and no responses, or one or two, you can always seem to count on ChefNancy though. I am new too and had tons of questions. I am scared to death and not dealing with all of this very well. I was looking for support or something when I came here. When you don't get response or very little response, it tends to make you not want to post or answer others. I am actually finding that I can't read much here, it just depresses me more when I read what my future will be like. I am stage 3 right now. I hope I can keep it there for a long time, but reality tells me a few years if I'm lucky. I wish you the best of luck and I know how you feel. I hope you get answers. Take care!

Comment

Hi there - I'm new too and found it frustrating not to get responded to right away - but then I finally did - I thought I was doing something wrong and my posts weren't getting posted or something. I think this site can be the most empowering and supportive site around if it works the way it is supposed to. It already is very informative and that helps a lot. I find myself getting depressed and having a negative attitude about the future and I, too am looking for support and help in getting a better attitude about all of this. I am stage 4 kidney disease, but not on dialysis. I was wondering if most people worked and what kind of work they do, if they do. As far as what to expect - will I always feel wiped out? The only time I feel more like myself is when this certain guy comes to visit and he is really nice and we talk about everything and I feel normal for a little while

Comment

Now I feel really bad!

I always read the posts but try not to post to anything in which I may not be knowledgeable enough and may mislead someone. I just want to be absolutely sure about the subject I post on. Many of us have been here for a few years and have acquired a fair amount of knowledge through either experience or reading posts ourselves. Kidney disease is an ever-learning experience and I love sharing what I have learned however, I share only that that I have experienced or researched and found to be right. I will, however, acknowledge each poster from now on so that they know that their concerns have been recognized. Again, I apologize to those who have felt ignored.
            "Within every adversity lies a slumbering possibility"
            Linda
            Tx: 7/28/2005
            St. Louis University Hospital

Comment

I am predialysis and in the dpast 5 mo I guess , I have had many questions ( some seemed silly) but to me they were important, they may not have been answered as quickly as I wanted but am very satisfied with the dfinal results . I was only impatient. Alot of these people dont live on this computer but when they do read most of the time it is answered . If they dont know about your question , it is left unanswered. I really dont mean to be tacky , but you come down on them pretty hard. I admire these people, they have a hard life and they take time out for us , they answer our questions to the best of their ability. I hope i really didnt offend anyone that is not my intention.
              Adapt and overcome.......

Comment

ohhh. Ouch. Sorry.
                Now I feel bad.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?sav...51838&ref=name
                My Store
                http://wramsay.qhealthbeauty.com/
                My Homepage
                http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1360051838&ref=name

Comment

Nah, don't feel bad. We all have our 'off' days and might rub others the wrong way. But we're in this together! What we know about we share. Some are on dialysis, some transplanted, some fighting dialysis with all they have. So there is quite an assortment of knowledge and advice to be had by all of us. But we don't have the answers to all questions, dadburnit! LOL!

Hang in there, share, ask questions, and just become our pal. We may be slow sometimes, but we are here for each other. God bless you!
                  My Writings

Comment

It is not that I don't read the post but if I am not sure about a certain topic I don't respond. I will think differently the next time I read a post I am not sure about.

Comment

Don't be discouraged. I felt like that at first but then found the right thread, theme, whatever you want to call it, and found people who had similar problems. Most of us will not answer what we do not know, but you are right to expect at least a hello. I also have to say during some really bad days when infections were a problem I was too sick to write but got a great deal of comfort just reading posts from others. I imagine there are others like that
                      I now come back and check in now and then. I've had a transplant and am moving on but I still feel the need to connect with this site It is a smaller volume site but it was the only one where I did not feel lost in the crowd..
                      The best of luck,

Comment

Newbies need to remember that the only stupid question is the one you leave unasked and those of us who have been around for a while need to remember to post some kind of response to questions even if it is: "I don't know, but thanks for asking." I remember when I was first diagnosed being overwhelmed not only by the diagnosis but also by the sheer volume of material I was expected to process in order to deal with my condition. In the end, we are here to help each other out even if that is with a shoulder to cry on. I am sorry for those of you who find the posts depressing. I, among a few others on this site, tend to tell it like it is because I figure that information is empowering. I am sorry if that is depressing to some of you.
                        To the stars through difficulty!

Comment

I am GUILTY. I do not post, if I feel unqualified. I will now issue a welcome at least.
                          May God have mercy on us all

CK

Idiopathic globular membranous nephritis 1999-2006
                          Feb 2006 Dx about 1-2 yrs before dialysis. Dialysis start 6-2006
                          Chest Cath 4 mos in center hemo dialysis
                          Fistula, button holes, self stick days 07-09 in center hemo
                          Graft nocturnal hemo 4Q09 to present

Comment

I really don't think that the posts are depressing - it really helps to know there are people out there who know exactly how I feel about something. I feel really really alone sometimes because people don't know about kidney disease. People tell me all the time, oh, you'll feel better - they don't know that this is the gift that keeps on giving! I get depressed all by myself and having this forum to vent and hopefully be heard on helps. I feel so damned needy sometimes, but I have to remember that I do live alone and I am sick and I do need to talk to someone... and that is what this is for. Being a newbie with this disease is hard and I am trying to adjust to it and the changes in diet and everything. I don't want anyone feeling sorry for me, but this isn't a small thing either. Little things can be hard when I don't have energy for it. LIke taking the recycling downstairs and out to the street, only to realize the next day it wasn't the day for recycling and having to drag it back up the stairs. It wore me out! I call my Dr.'s office all the time with questions and so far they have been patient with me - I don't want to be a pain in the butt to anyone, but I am trying to find out all I can.
                            So.... that said - I am glad you all are here...

Comment

Originally posted by Earthsong View Post
                              Hi there - I'm new too and found it frustrating not to get responded to right away - but then I finally did - I thought I was doing something wrong and my posts weren't getting posted or something. I think this site can be the most empowering and supportive site around if it works the way it is supposed to. It already is very informative and that helps a lot. I find myself getting depressed and having a negative attitude about the future and I, too am looking for support and help in getting a better attitude about all of this. I am stage 4 kidney disease, but not on dialysis. I was wondering if most people worked and what kind of work they do, if they do. As far as what to expect - will I always feel wiped out? The only time I feel more like myself is when this certain guy comes to visit and he is really nice and we talk about everything and I feel normal for a little while
                              Earthsong,

I wanted to answer your question about work. When I was on dialysis (I did PD on a cycler while I slept at night) I worked full time as a teacher. Now that I have had a transplant after being off for three months (usually it's 2 but schools are a particularly germ filled environment) I plan to go back to work.

As for feeling "normal", I'm not sure what that is. Many people have health issues that they have to deal with and I think you have to cope as best you can. I have found much comfort reading the posts on this site.

Comment

Working...
                              X