Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ambereno61
    replied
    we want to do Nocturnal Hemodialysis, my husband has hemo at home since march 2013. do any information so we do this at home.
    thanks so much

Leave a comment:

• maryann
    replied
    Re: Home Nocturnal ...Anyone ?

Thank you so much for your response. You have been on nxstage awhile. I assume you are satisfied with it. I know that Nxstage website has info but I was wondering if there was some other source where I could get information that is objective. Again, thank you for your response and good luck to you.

Leave a comment:

• M3Riddler
    replied

Originally posted by maryann View Post
    My husband is in stage 5 and I would love more info on Nxstage. Everything I hear is positive.However when I called the hospital where he will probably go for hemo and asked how many people they have on nxstage they said only one. I called another hospital and they don't have anyone using it. These are very big hospitals on long island,ny. Does anyone have more information on this type of hemo? Thank you for any response.
    Maryann, I have been on NxStage for over 6 years. I can get you any info you wish. And for the other posts, yes you can do nocturnal dialysis at home with NxStage. You can program the cycler to do as many hours as you wish. Most who use NxStage for Nocturnal are doing so off label until Nxstage becomes FDA Approved. But people are doing it themselves without others in the room. They must have the proper sensors to detect fluid/blood leadkage but it can be done.... If anyone would like more infomration or a Nxstage welcome kit, please mesage me and I will get the info to you......

///M3R

Leave a comment:

• maryann
    replied

My husband is in stage 5 and I would love more info on Nxstage. Everything I hear is positive.However when I called the hospital where he will probably go for hemo and asked how many people they have on nxstage they said only one. I called another hospital and they don't have anyone using it. These are very big hospitals on long island,ny. Does anyone have more information on this type of hemo? Thank you for any response.

Leave a comment:

• dac0214
    replied

I asked a social worker this same question when I was meeting in a group for people deciding on the type of dialysis they were going to do. She said that any home hemodialysis requires a person to be AWAKE while you are on the machine, because if a line broke, you could bleed to death in less than 10 minutes. So, YOU can sleep, but your home provider can't.

Leave a comment:

• cicero
    replied

I do not speak for DaVita nor anyone else but in my opinion:

1. For this you have to have a trained assistant who watches you all 8 hours for BP, Bleeding, HR, machine ops and other items.

2. I'm not sure the NxStage is or is not capable of 8 hr operation.

3. The NxStage sort of emulates the Nocturnal as it has 6 or 7 days, depending upon the prescription, and 18 or 21 hrs of dialysis per week. Nocturnal has 24 hrs per week and in center daily has 12 hrs per week. So even though NxStage is not the real equivalent of nocturnal, it is better than in center.

4. In center is not going to push home nocturnal as this is a business and if everyone starts home ops then revenue goes down and centers may have to close.

Good luck and best regards
    Cicero

Leave a comment:

• IHaveFaith
    replied

Hello M3Riddler,

Maybe in time davita will offer more support. I'm sure you've probably done plenty of searches on the net but I am gonna paste a couple of links anyway. I hope that you are able to find the answers and support you are searching for. They don't even offer dialysis patients in our community anything at night or on the weekends.

My neph's office and dialysis center are in the same building and I was just there this morning picking up my lab results and every chair was full in the waiting room with dialysis patients awaiting their turn. Our 2 facilities are only open M-F. Seems we either need another facility or they should be open longer hours in order to properly care for all the patients.

My dear friend's husband goes to the other clinic and they pull the fluids off him so fast that they regularly have to transport him to the ER directly from the clinic. My friend has been so traumatized by this always happening to her husband that she won't even consider any type of in home dialysis for him because she is afraid she would kill him. It is really depressing to know things like this happen for whatever reason. And I should clarify, there really is NO acceptable reason for this to happen to him so often or anyone else for that matter!

So, knowing what I know, if or when I require dialysis, I will surely not be doing it in center!

Sorry about the rant, I'm posting the links before I go off on another tangent!

http://www.nocturnaldialysis.org/

http://kidneytimes.com/article.php?id=20070207131123

I'm wishing you the best and hope you'll let us know what you find out.

Leave a comment:

• M3Riddler
    replied

Originally posted by boncaks View Post
    M3Riddler

On Davita.comhome there is a section on HHD (home hemo dialysis) they discuss it there and show patients on home hemo and also direct you to the NXstage system that they offer. I am not on dialysis yet but have been researching this quite a bit because this is the plan that I am looking for either in Home Hemo D or nocturnal in center since I have found it is the easiest on the heart. I was wanting to do PD but I have had too many stomach surgeries so I will just keep researching.

You can also go out to the davita website for facilities in your area an they will tell you if they offer HHD training and support staff for it. Good luck.

Bonnie
    Bonnie,

Yes, I'm aware that they have information on Home Hemo Dialysis, but they do nothing to promote home Nocturnal Hemodialysis. This is a big difference than short daily home hemodialysis. The only nocturnal DaVita offers is at a center. There are few changes that have to be made to switch from short home daily, to home nocturnal.
    The only one this hurts is the patients since they are being denied a better treatment.

Leave a comment:

• boncaks
    replied

M3Riddler

On Davita.comhome there is a section on HHD (home hemo dialysis) they discuss it there and show patients on home hemo and also direct you to the NXstage system that they offer. I am not on dialysis yet but have been researching this quite a bit because this is the plan that I am looking for either in Home Hemo D or nocturnal in center since I have found it is the easiest on the heart. I was wanting to do PD but I have had too many stomach surgeries so I will just keep researching.

You can also go out to the davita website for facilities in your area an they will tell you if they offer HHD training and support staff for it. Good luck.

Bonnie

Leave a comment:

• M3Riddler
    started a topic Home Nocturnal ...Anyone ?

Home Nocturnal ...Anyone ?

Does anyone do nocturnal dialysis at home? If so, what cycler do you use? Were you dialyzing before nocturnally at home before you became part of Davita? If so, were you allowed to keep your cycler and continue the nocturnal dialysis at home?

Doesnt seem like Davita Supports Doing Nocturnal at Home, but rather in center.

Is there anyone at all using NxStage nocturnally at home in any Davita Clinic> If not, what reasons do you think this is?

I hear people say that they are wiating for the FDA approval for nocturnal through NxStage, but from what I hear, there are others out there using different machines for nocturnal without a problem at ahom........
Working...
X