Keeping light on during nocturnal dialysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping light on during nocturnal dialysis

My uncle is on nocturnal dialysis and concerned about turning light off in the floor and leaving only hallway light on. Do you think it is OK to dim the light during the dialysis or keeping it on so that nurse can have better observation of the patient?

Re: Keeping light on during nocturnal dialysis

Dim light i s safer than no lights at all. How can you see in the dark if machine leaks blood or or liquids...... Are they using leak detectors there?

Originally posted by kwang90020 View Post
    My uncle is on nocturnal dialysis and concerned about turning light off in the floor and leaving only hallway light on. Do you think it is OK to dim the light during the dialysis or keeping it on so that nurse can have better observation of the patient?
    My Blog Site
    Http://www.dailyhemo.org
    sigpic

Comment

In our location the lights are out. The staff all has flashlights. We do not use leak detectors and rounds are made every 30 minutes.
      Are they taking chances, yep I think so. But consider this. Is it any worse for an arm to bleed in the light and go unobserved than to bleed in the dark? I like the rounds, It mkaes me feel better.
      Best regards
      Cicero
      May God have mercy on us all

CK

Idiopathic globular membranous nephritis 1999-2006
      Feb 2006 Dx about 1-2 yrs before dialysis. Dialysis start 6-2006
      Chest Cath 4 mos in center hemo dialysis
      Fistula, button holes, self stick days 07-09 in center hemo
      Graft nocturnal hemo 4Q09 to present

Comment

Really nice experience. I like to share it.

Comment

Working...
        X