• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dac0214
    replied
    Originally posted by rocco123 View Post
    What is like doing PD?
    Probably just as boring as hemo, just more frequent.

BTW, a lot of people with polycystic kidneys are poor candidates for PD, since their extremely enlarged kidneys take up most of the space in the pertoneum, making it necessary to add 1 or more daytime transfers, as well as the overnight treatments.

Leave a comment:

• rocco123
    replied
    What is like doing PD?

Leave a comment:

• Tbekesha
    replied
    I am 31 and have been on Dialysis. I just switched over to pd and I have three dogs. At night, I sleep in my own room, but throughout the day I see them. They jut can't be in the same room that you are doing your treatment or transfers in.

Leave a comment:

• lilacs67
    replied
    I wouldn't mind trying peritoneal dialysis but I'm told if I have animals I can't. Does anyone have pets that do this kind of treatment? I won't give up my fur babies. I'll go to a center 3 days a week if need be

Leave a comment:

• Lrvent3
    replied
    Hi! I've been a dialysis patient for 10 years now. I've done hemo in clinic, but for 6 years or so I've been doing peritoneal dialysis. It's less stressful mentally and physically. You don't have to have anyone else trained, you learn it. You're basically your own nurse. I have trained my oldest daughter just in case, but for the most it's made my life a lot simpler. If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask.

Leave a comment:

• MissMiglietta
    replied
    Thank you so much. I already have a fistula. I’ve had it for 3 years because I have always known I was close. I visited a dialysis center today and it just made me so so sad. Anyone doing in home dialysis? We. Are looking into that but my husband doesn’t think he can get the time off to train for it. How long did it take for you to train? What has your experience been?

Leave a comment:

• andibeth
    replied
    I have stage 4 CKD and am preparing for dialysis. If you plan to use a fistula as a port you should discuss its placement right away with your dr. Please don't fear the dialysis--think of it as a life saver for us to continue living and loving those we care for. Have you checked into a center that does multiple transplant? You sign up and they find several people who can help each other. If one of your donors fits with one of their patients and another matches you the 3 of you have surgery at the same time. It is a method that helps so many who can not find a match. Stay strong and positive.

Leave a comment:

• MissMiglietta
    started a topic Starting Dialysis

Starting Dialysis

Hi All,
    I have stage 5 CKD and yesterday I started feeling extremely nauseous. I feel over all crappy. My GFR is 9% and my Dr wants me to start dialysis. I am nervous. I have a family friend who works at a dialysis clinic. I am only 32. I have had kidney disease my whole life. I am so surprised I have gone this long without dialysis to be honest. I have never known my kidney function to be over 25%. I was stillborn at birth born 2 months early with no kidney function for 2 days until one of them kicked in. Now it is time to start dialysis and I am so scared. I have had 14 people test to see if they are a match and they have not been. I am a B Positive blood type with high antigens in my blood so I am hard to match with. I am on two transplant lists. Both of my parents are deceased. I have aunts and uncles and siblings to help me. My husband has been wonderful throughout this whole ordeal. How do you cope?? Thanks!!
Working...
X