Dialysis and Rationing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dialysis and Rationing

I editorialized about the concept of Dialysis and the possibility of rationing to manage the costs to Medicare for this group of patients. It started with an article in the Seattle Times about the history of dialysis and the modern-day reality of the costs of treatment. I just wanted to respond to some things in the article. Read it at "Dialysis and Rationing" or click on http://devontexas.wordpress.com/2013...and-rationing/.

Devon
    Fistula - March 2008
    Began Dialysis - August 2008
    Fistula Revision - Feb 2011

Dialysis Patient Citizens, Patient Ambassador
    NW14 ESRD Network, Patient Advisory Committee Member
    CDC Infections Control Discussion Panel Member
    National Kidney Foundation Peer-to-Peer Mentor

Blog: www.DevonTexas.com

Originally posted by DevonTexas View Post
    I editorialized about the concept of Dialysis and the possibility of rationing to manage the costs to Medicare for this group of patients. It started with an article in the Seattle Times about the history of dialysis and the modern-day reality of the costs of treatment. I just wanted to respond to some things in the article. Read it at "Dialysis and Rationing" or click on http://devontexas.wordpress.com/2013...and-rationing/.

Devon
    Devon, I dont believe we have seen anythng yet... Not only with dialysis, but with the new kidney allocation system being talked about, I believe there will be even less organs to go around. Regarding Dialysis, Some countries already ration this at a certain age or if you have different ailments. Lets hope people do what is best for the person and not always the pocket book...
    NxStage - Since April - 06
    Facebook: Dialysis Discussion Uncensored

Comment

Working...
    X