Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dialysis & Low Blood Sugar

Hello everyone
    I am a Type 1 Diabetic and on Dialysis. I was just wondering has anyone ever had a low blood sugar while on Dialysis and if so how was it treated? Were you able to treat it, catch it or did your Dialysis nurse/tech have to help you treat it. I have luckily not had a low blood sugar. I am on the pump, my Unit allows me to eat while on the machine so I make sure I bring something in so that I don't go low. I am on the machine for 3hrs but like I said so far so good now lows.

Chris
    Type 1 Diabetic
    Accu Chek Pumper
    Hemo Dialysis Patient
    Left Arm Fistula

I think this is something you should definitely bring up with your dialysis nurse. They should be able to answer that question.

Comment

People with diabetes can have low blood sugar levels because of the medicines they have to take to manage their diabetes. They may need a hormone called insulin or diabetes pills (or both) to help their bodies use the sugar in their blood. These medicines help take the sugar out of the blood and get it into the body's cells, which makes the level of sugar in the blood go down. But sometimes it's a tricky balancing act and blood sugar levels can get too low. Reference: http://www.creative-peptides.com/ser...-peptides.html

Comment

Working...
      X