Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bmp-7

Hi everybody,

I have been suffering from chronic kidney disease for some time and recently (five months ago), started dialysis. I live in Belgium which is a great place to get treatment for such diseases.

Recently I have stumbled on information concerning the BMP-7 protein and its potential to reverse chronic kidney disease. It was discovered by
    HTML Code:
    <a href="www.curis.com">Curis</a>
    and it looks like it has the potential to radically improve our lives in the near future. Don't take my word for it, look it up. Pre-clinical trials are over, clinical trials should be about to start. They will be carried out by
    HTML Code:
    <a href="www.orthobiotech.com">OrthoBioTech</a>
    (a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson).

BMP-7 is a protein produced by the (healthy) kidney which transforms scarred glomerular cells back into healthy cells. It is perfectly safe and without side effects, and has already been FDA-approved for the treatment of kidney disease-related bone problems.

The problem is we have to get this thing approved for treatment of chronic kidney disease before it can be available in our hospitals. I recently met someone who was willing to petition the FDA to fasttrack the approval of BMP-7 so we can all profit from its virtues.

Please, if anyone is interested in helping us out, please reply.
    Thanks.

BMP-7 Support

My dad has renal failure stage 5. I have been looking everywhere and researching things and I have come across articles about BMP-7. We would be more than happy to help on any effort that would expedite the release of that medicine to the public use. Do you know of any opportunities for participation in clinical trials. I know he would be happy to do that.

Sam

Comment

BMP -7 protein

well man i m too excited about this BMP-7 protein but how to get them.
      i m on CAPD dialysis since last 10 months,
      i m an Asian{Indian}.please keep me informed about this product .
      u can contact me on shivashanker.prasad@rediffmail.com.

Comment

BMP protein

hey i m an indian and i m excited about this protein .
        how can we get them?
        please keep me informed about this product.
        u can also contact me on shivashanker.prasad@rediffmail.com.
        i m on Capd dialysis since august 2005

Originally posted by Euroguy
        Hi everybody,

I have been suffering from chronic kidney disease for some time and recently (five months ago), started dialysis. I live in Belgium which is a great place to get treatment for such diseases.

Recently I have stumbled on information concerning the BMP-7 protein and its potential to reverse chronic kidney disease. It was discovered by
        HTML Code:
        <a href="www.curis.com">Curis</a>
        and it looks like it has the potential to radically improve our lives in the near future. Don't take my word for it, look it up. Pre-clinical trials are over, clinical trials should be about to start. They will be carried out by
        HTML Code:
        <a href="www.orthobiotech.com">OrthoBioTech</a>
        (a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson).

BMP-7 is a protein produced by the (healthy) kidney which transforms scarred glomerular cells back into healthy cells. It is perfectly safe and without side effects, and has already been FDA-approved for the treatment of kidney disease-related bone problems.

The problem is we have to get this thing approved for treatment of chronic kidney disease before it can be available in our hospitals. I recently met someone who was willing to petition the FDA to fasttrack the approval of BMP-7 so we can all profit from its virtues.

Please, if anyone is interested in helping us out, please reply.
        Thanks.

Comment

My Dad has been diagnozed with kidney failure and the kidney is damaged 85%.

I would be glad to participate, please send me the instructions on how to do it.

contact me at manish dot bellani at gmail dot com.

Manish.

Comment

BMP-7 progress

I'm new to the DaVita website, but have been following BMP-7 status for a few months.
            Curis...the originator of the compound, recently re-gained control and licensing of
            it back from Ortho Bionetics. Ortho sat on the kidney project for over four years.
            Curis got control back as of August 18th, 2007 and apparently are looking for a new Licensee to go forward with the project.!
            A caregiver on another website / forum expressed his opinion as to why
            Ortho sat on the project for so long:

Read here -----> http://65.57.249.23/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000152.html

I have tried to get publicity going to hurry clinical studies with humans for
            BMP-7. I have written our Senator Jay Rockefeller, The Center for Disease
            control in Atlanta, the FDA, and Fox News.
            I am appealing to other Kidney Patients, and to their families to help spread
            the word that a probable cure for kidney disease exists..! We should have
            been involved in trials long ago.! Maybe some of us would all ready have
            been cured.! We need ALL the publicity we can get..!!

Comment

Bmp-7

Curis has sold its rights to BMP-7 to Stryker Corporation. Stryker is the same corporation that uses BMP-7 for bone fractures. Given that Stryker already makes money from BMP-7 and does not seem to have a conflict of interest as Ortho-Biotech may have, then Stryker should be more motivated than Ortho Biotech was to develop BMP-7 for kidney disease use. See article: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....166&highlight=

Comment

Purchase BMP-7

Anyone can purchase BMP-7. The following companies sell it for research purposes. If anyone decides to try it in the form it is sold, please let us know the results.

http://www.prospecbio.com

http://www.leinco.com/~leincoco/search.php?bmp-7

Comment

BMP-7 Sale to Stryker

Correct me if I'm wrong...but...I believe clarification is needed about Curis, Inc.'s
                  Sale of BMP-7 to Stryker, Inc.! Curis sold ONLY the Orthopaedic application
                  bone putty portion of BMP-7.! Curis KEPT the Cancer and Kidney technology.
                  Two good things came out of this :
                  - Ortho Biotech ( Johnson and Johnson) can no long affect work on kidney trials.

- Curis got needed capital from the sale to allow them to go ahead with the
                  cancer and kidney work.!
                  Let's hope things get on fast track now.!!

Comment

Any update on BMP-7

Hi all

New to this forum. Am 31 years old and have got stage 3 CKD. Wondering if anyone has any update on the BMP-7 situation? I just don't understand why it's taking solong for clinical trials while time continues to run out for CKD sufferers... Oh well...

Comment

Hello ZAK

I googled BMP-7 and still do not understand what it does. What is your understanding of this that will benefit kidney patients? Nan

Comment

I've been following it for some time now. The biggest issue appears to be the cost. Most of the trials have been done on rats and mice which don't require a lot of the drug. The results are promising but I don't forsee anything with humans in the near future.
                        Whatever does not kill me makes me stronger...Neitzsche
                        Flip

Comment

Zak

Had I gone to the beginning of this thread, I could have read about this new therapy. It would be wonderful to help so many but as Flip tells us, it will be quite some time. New and unproven therapies are risky and scarry. In 1983 my youngest son developed type one diabetes. Everything I researched told me that diabetes would be "cured" within ten years. While some new strides in testing and controlling diabetes have been made, the "cure" is still in the future. This human body is such a complicated machine that I know is challenging for anyone to solve any of the chronic diseases. BUT there is always HOPE..... Nan

Comment

I talked to a person of knowledge withing Curis, Inc. recently, concerning the status of
                            BMP-7, as relates to kidney disease, and was informed that in fact ALL of the control
                            and studies of the product,have been sold to Stryker. I have tried repatedly to contact someone within Stryker (Biotech Div.), but only get the message system, with no call backs.
                            I am of the opinion that those in control of the material, have no interest in pursuing
                            a cure for kidney disease. I believe the only way this project would be carried
                            forward would be with public pressure. Please contact the media...your congressmen..senators..CDC..! The orginal studies were conducted in 2003.
                            Time to get going with human trials.

Comment

Re: Bmp-7

Thank you for energetically pursuing the BMP solution for kidney failure.

Please provide me the information on how and who to contact in the FDA. I will then launch a chain e-mail and media program to gain support for the approval.

If the government really wants to reduce health care cost here is their big chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X