Cloning Organs next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloning Organs next?

A very inspiring article I wanted to share.

LONDON - The cloning of human organs has moved a step closer after scientists in New York used a controversial technique to create embryonic stem cells in the lab for the first time.

Researchers took DNA from an adult skin cell and injected it into a human egg, producing an early stage embryo before extracting stem cells.

Test tube embryos have been made before but the latest experiement, using a similair method to the one that produced Dolly the sheep, is thought to be the most successful yet. The cells produced could not be safely transplanted into humans, however, because they developed with too many chromosomes.

Previous attempts to create early-stage embryos using the technique have stalled because the cells stopped multiplying.

THIS TIME they developed far enough to enable researchers to extract stem cells, which can multiply and turn themselves into any other cell type. If reserachers can perfect the technique it could lead to a new generation of medical treatments.

Wouldnt that be great news for us?? They finally did this in New York and for the first time! Hope for the future..

LanaB
    TRANSPLANT SCHEDULED NOV 14, 2011 THANKS TO MY AMAZING HUSBAND!!!
    Today oct 11th.Still no dialysis -and at 9% GFR,
    think i'm gonna make it!!!

Diagnosed 2005 CKD3.
    Benign Glomulersclerosis- not hereditary, no known cause
    Non-diabetic, normal BP
    Hospital error 2008 caused me to plummet straight to CKD5
    07/2011 -CKD 5 -GFR 11 - Not on Dialysis
    Awaiting transplant, doing eval, hoping for live donor match

Re: Cloning Organs next?

Yes it is great news but it takes so long for us to get anything passed because of the poor politics in this country we are way behind other countries in this area..sad really- I think this will come in the next 50yrs
    ckd,stage3,due to birth defect/refulx,controlled b/p

Comment

This is really a good news and now stem cell transplant has already been used in clinical treatment. Next step will be organ cloning and transplant?!

Comment

Yes, I think it is good news and I think (hope) it doesnt take 50 years. I really dont think so considering how quickly they moved through the stages to the clinic already..

Here's hoping and praying

LanaB
        TRANSPLANT SCHEDULED NOV 14, 2011 THANKS TO MY AMAZING HUSBAND!!!
        Today oct 11th.Still no dialysis -and at 9% GFR,
        think i'm gonna make it!!!

Diagnosed 2005 CKD3.
        Benign Glomulersclerosis- not hereditary, no known cause
        Non-diabetic, normal BP
        Hospital error 2008 caused me to plummet straight to CKD5
        07/2011 -CKD 5 -GFR 11 - Not on Dialysis
        Awaiting transplant, doing eval, hoping for live donor match

Comment

Working...
        X