X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rvrgypsy
    replied
    Re: I have a problem that is irritating me, I need advice

My husband has severe itching and his phosphorous is not too high. He has light treatments twice a week for a few second up to two minutes. It's like being in a stand-up tanning booth. It has helped him tremendously - with a nice tan to boot!!!!! He does get a shot every couple of months to calm it down when it gets too severe. Check with your dermatologist to see if this is an option for you. It certainly saved his (and my) sanity.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Reply to the gal who can't stop scratching

You sound like you've got the ck.pox,No really though,Have you ever heard of an oatmeal bath along with alittle baking soda mixed in with it to?Well you might could try instant oats say half of a cup and half a cup of baking soda,not to warm eather,the warmer the water the increased blood flow and the stronger the urge to scratch.I hope this helps,ya know another thing that might bring some relief is some peppermint oil along with some olive oil ,gentle massage this into the places that bother you the worst.Good luck.AnnMarie in Az :

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    itching problem

hi,
    hope u will b in good health....i am nadia and i am dietician worked closely with dialysis patients.....according to my knowledge.....if u have itching problem...ck ur phosphorus levels as well.........as these can also cause itching problem........and if its high then lower ur high phosphorus foods e.g. milk and milk products, lentils and beans, sofr drinks etc...i hope it will help u.....
    thankx...have a good day..
    bye
    nadia

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    oin

Originally posted by LifeafterTransplant
    I am itching from head to toe, I know this is from uremia from my kidney problem, but what I want to know is there any way I can get some rest from it, I tried Benadryl ( it is aproved by Doctor) but it didn't work and this scratching has me bleeding from scratching so much. Any help would be appreciated.
    stop using scented toilet soap and change to Pinetarsol soap or solution

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    itching

Thanks I will try that, I do watch my diet, my blood work came back from yesterday and my prograf level was less than 4. Creatine was 2.0.
    I take all the medicine that they didn't take off me as directed.
    Thanks I will take care and you do the same .

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Sounds like your phosphorus might be a bit high. I heard AVENA products work well (they're often used for poison ivy).
    on another note, make sure you watch what you eat, and take your binders as instructed by your DR. because high phosphorus levels leads to bone loss, & bone disease.
    Take care!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    itching

Thanks for responding, I am scheduled for lab work tomorrow, I was wondering what I could do for the itching, I am sick of bleeding.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    itching

It seems to me that there is some itching involved if your potassium [or is it phosphorus?] is too high. Get thee to the doctor and get some labwork to check the potassium and phosphorus levels.

Good luck,

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic I have a problem that is irritating me, I need advice

I have a problem that is irritating me, I need advice

I am itching from head to toe, I know this is from uremia from my kidney problem, but what I want to know is there any way I can get some rest from it, I tried Benadryl ( it is aproved by Doctor) but it didn't work and this scratching has me bleeding from scratching so much. Any help would be appreciated.
Working...
X