X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scout
    replied
    Re: Tattoo?

One nurse says life is short, do it. The other one says no. I'm more concerned about the transplant team. I e mailed the hospital/transplant contact. I'm waiting to see what they say. I heal fine.. I think the concern is dirty needles-hepatitis. Its not like i'd go to a guy in a garage. I would go to a VERY reputable shop. AHH!! Stupid faulty organs!!

Leave a comment:

• Misela
    replied
    Re: Tattoo?

Originally posted by scout View Post
    I have been on peritoneal dialyisis for three years and am on two transplant lists. I REALLY want a tattoo. If I get one will it disqualify me from transplant? Could I be removed from the list? Obviously I would go to a reputable shop. As much as I want a tattoo, I want and need a kidney even more, so I dont want to ruin my chances. HELP!?
    I've seen plenty of people at the Tx clinic with a tattoo. What I have seen looks like old ones. Does PD affect healing or make you more prone to infection?
    Post-transplant my doc. has said no to tattoos, and she has at least one.

Ask your PD nurse and at your transplant clinics and tell them what you told us. Be sure to get one that looks good in the nursing home, because my friend who works at an assisted living facility sees too many ugly ones

Missie

Leave a comment:

• scout
    started a topic Tattoo?

Tattoo?

I have been on peritoneal dialyisis for three years and am on two transplant lists. I REALLY want a tattoo. If I get one will it disqualify me from transplant? Could I be removed from the list? Obviously I would go to a reputable shop. As much as I want a tattoo, I want and need a kidney even more, so I dont want to ruin my chances. HELP!?
Working...
X