information on potaassium and phospsrus in foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• information on potaassium and phospsrus in foods

I am stage 4, my GFR is at 23. I have to cut down on Potassium and Phosorus. I can't find any complete charts on the amount of potassium and phosorus in all food. The National Kidney Foundation has a limited amount but not enough of all the foods for both. Can any one help?

Re: information on potaassium and phospsrus in foods

Hi Jackie,

Go to the American Association of Kidney Patients website (www.aakp.org). They have a Nutrition Counter which is a reference guide for the kidney patient. Lists the protein, potassium, phosphorus and sodium in a lot of foods. You can call the 800 number (800-749-2257)and ask them to send you one.
    Also check out this link
    http://www.nephinc.com/food-lists.asp#Sodium
    ~ddarling~

Comment

This lists most all foods.

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

Hi ddarling! Love your pictures, as always.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackiie View Post
        I am stage 4, my GFR is at 23. I have to cut down on Potassium and Phosorus. I can't find any complete charts on the amount of potassium and phosorus in all food. The National Kidney Foundation has a limited amount but not enough of all the foods for both. Can any one help?
        Hello Jackie,
        Regarding potassium and phosphorus, Are you in line for a Dialysis Unit in your area, because my dietitian at my home dialysis unit, usually has charts that they can give you with a large selection of potassium and phoshorus foods, and how much potassium and phosphorus that it contains, from the low, higher, to the highest of each of these minerals.if you have a problem getting these charts I can probably get you some charts from my dietitian, if that doesn't work, I could probably make you a copy of my charts, the potassium and phosphorus chart. Maybe you could email me your address, my email address is tiffmol@earthlink.net. I hope this helps if you can't obtain them yourself. I've been on dialysis for so long, I know just about how much potassium and phosphorus is in every fruit and vegetable. (LOL). I've been on dialysis almost two decades now.
        I hope to hear from you real soon.
        Glo

Comment

because my dietitian at my home dialysis unit, usually has charts that they can give you with a large selection of potassium and phoshorus foods, and how much potassium and phosphorus that it contains, from the low, higher, to the highest of each of these minerals.if you have a problem getting these charts I can probably get you some charts from my dietitian, if that doesn't work, I could probably make you a copy of my charts, the potassium and phosphorus chart.

Comment

Working...
          X