Dry Pack or Reuse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dry Pack or Reuse?

What process do you have to go through to start utilizing dry packs?

Comment

I believe you can talk to your social worker or maybe the facility administrator and tell them you only want to use Non - Reuse dialysers from now on. If they want or require a reason hand them a copy of the article Flip posted a link to. I think that would make your reasons pretty clear. Tech and nurses are human, mistakes happen, saddly in the world of hemo dialysis , some of those mistakes result in death. I used to be a tech in a hemo center where we had reuse. Now, as a patient ( on PD) I know that if for some reason I was ever forced to do hemo, I would only use Non- Reuse.

Comment

Originally posted by scout View Post
        I believe you can talk to your social worker or maybe the facility administrator and tell them you only want to use Non - Reuse dialysers from now on. If they want or require a reason hand them a copy of the article Flip posted a link to. I think that would make your reasons pretty clear. Tech and nurses are human, mistakes happen, saddly in the world of hemo dialysis , some of those mistakes result in death. I used to be a tech in a hemo center where we had reuse. Now, as a patient ( on PD) I know that if for some reason I was ever forced to do hemo, I would only use Non- Reuse.

Hey, thank you for the info. Those reasons you gave were the reasons I was thinking about also even though I am not in the medical field. Thanks again. Oh, I was able to print the article by Flipw which certainly but sadly drives home the importance of utilizying a dry pack whenever you dialyze.

Comment

Working...
        X