Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein In Urine

Hi

I realize this is probably the wrong place to go. But I am desperate to find someone to give me a couple of answers regarding my kidney disease. I am a diabetic of 25 plus years...........63 years old, GFR around 50-60, protein is at 1.25 gr/24hr ten months ago.........fixing to test again soon. My question is can one maintain a slow rate of progression with protein levels as high as 2 grams or so.............I cant find anyone to give me an answer. I am sure my levels are up.........as the urine is much more foamy than it has been..............just trying to figure out how much longer before I am going to be tied down to the machine.

If anyone can tell me from their experience it would be appreciated.

Expander

protein loss

well loss of protein in urine is a serious disorder .
    u have intrinsic renal disease with glomerular damage.
    cause is diabetic nephropathy.
    ur GFR is less so consult nephrologist.
    u can slow the progression of disease by diet control and total body management.
    u will be given medicines to reduce protein loss.
    u will have to control ur diabetes and hypertension.

QUOTE=EXPANDER]Hi

I realize this is probably the wrong place to go. But I am desperate to find someone to give me a couple of answers regarding my kidney disease. I am a diabetic of 25 plus years...........63 years old, GFR around 50-60, protein is at 1.25 gr/24hr ten months ago.........fixing to test again soon. My question is can one maintain a slow rate of progression with protein levels as high as 2 grams or so.............I cant find anyone to give me an answer. I am sure my levels are up.........as the urine is much more foamy than it has been..............just trying to figure out how much longer before I am going to be tied down to the machine.

If anyone can tell me from their experience it would be appreciated.

Expander[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
    X