Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2nd book has been published

Hi All,
    After publishing my first book back in 2009, many of my readers, wanted to know more about my 10 year journey with PD, (in which i only touched the surface in my first book), i was compelled to write a second book, to share my PD experience in more deeper detail, as well as my parathyroid surgical experience back in 2000, and even more to share about this very complex renal diet. And of course more renal friendly recipes that i have been collecting for over two decades now. I even share my transition from Hemo to PD, and the advantage and disadvantage of both, in which i have experienced from both sectors of dialysis treatment. You will also journey with me from my pre-dialysis days to my current PD days, and of course, my experience with my very first transplant, in which there have been a great deal of changes as well as improvement since my transplant experience back in 1993. You can view my excerpt and author bio at your leisure - online at www.xlibris.com, just click on the bookstore and search midway right sdebar - my title - My Twenty Year Journey with PKD in the Dialysis World. I hope and pray that everyone can benefit in someway from my many years of experience and knowledge that i have achieved all these years, to get a better grasp on this very complex renal diet.
    Glo

Re: My 2nd book has been published

I think this is awesome I am going to look 4 it!!!! and WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ckd,stage3,due to birth defect/refulx,controlled b/p

Comment

congrats!!!!!!!!
      ~Angel~

When life knocks you to your knees, your in the perfect position to pray

Comment

Looks like a great book! Congratulations, Glo!!
        Caregiver (CG) to diabetic husband with cirrhosis and ESRD, on PD with cycler since October 2010.
        Update: Hubby received liver/kidney transplant in June 2011! We are blessed.

Comment

I was checking out the book I do not have pkd but I must say it deffinately looks like a book I could get totally engrossed in reading -maybe next week or it would make a good christmas gift for my hubby to get me im really getting into the book thing I ordered some books today about stem cells..they really intrigue me .I have another phone app. with a stem cell Dr. doing treatments over seas tomorrow..It just costs so much and I really hope the USA would get up to the stage alot of the other countries are at right now so we could have the oppertunity here..but I must say I have learned ALOT from different stem cell drs. ive talked to about the different types of stem cells and potency and which ones would work on healing all fibrosis of the kidneys and wich ones dont there unfortunately is alot of drs. out there that are scamming making a living off desperate people willing to do anything for a cure and using week stem cells that theyd need to have tons of treatments and it still prolly wouldnt work anyways thats why I am all for embryonic stem cells they are the magic bullet for us all and many many other diseases it is a 100% cure gurantee with no side effects sounds so nice ...some day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          ckd,stage3,due to birth defect/refulx,controlled b/p

Comment

Let me start by saying, Congratulations on writing your second book. It seems very interesting; I can't wait to pick up a copy.

I am a non-related (cadaver) kidney transplant recipient for nearly 35 years. I'm currently in the process of finalizing my manuscript and expect to have it completed by early March 2011.

I would love to be able to share a part of my story hoping it would inspire those with kidney disease, on dialysis, awaiting a transplant, or recently had a transplant from a living or non-living (cadaver) donor.

I wish you continued success in all endeavors.

Comment

Congrats on your 2nd book! I really enjoyed your 1st book!
              Angie
              Kidney KornerDialysis Ethics Forum Kidney PixAwareness Shirts KidneySpace Donor Search
              I will be walking a Kidney Walk in Ontario Canada Sept 18th 2011
              • Peritoneal Dialysis = 4 yrs
              • Hemo Dialysis (in center) = 2 yrs
              • 2 kidney transplants = 1990 - 2001 & 2007 to present

Comment

That is just terrific news. Talk about making Lemonade out of Lemons....you've taken a bad situation and found a way to make it informative and, hopefully, profitable. Great Work!!!
                2000 - Doctors said I would be on Dialysis within 5 years
                2011 - Still Pre-Dialysis
                Sept 2011 - GFR: 15 Creatine 3.9
                Too much of a good thing can be wonderful. - Mae West
                Doing Good may not do any Good but do GOOD anyway

Comment

Working...
                X