Who helps me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who helps me

I am fortunate to have a close core of friends that helped me get through it. When I was diagnosed, two friends I work with pretty much helped get my will to live back as I had lost it. Now I am the happiest I've ever been in my life. One of the friends is a two-time cancer survivor. The last time I was one of the few non-family members she trusted with the news. So because of our mutual conditions we became real close friends. Last two years (despite severe anemia and edema), I walked a 5K Walk for Cancer at Yankee Stadium (Damon Runyon). In the 3.1 mile track, it encompassed walking up almost 300 steps. But I did it. Which backs up my belief that your happiness and what you can do is up to you.

Hi Rickster, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling so happy. I wouldn't say this is the happiest I've been in my life, but it's the happiest I've been in over 5 years. I too am blessed to have a lot of friends who've helped me though, as well as my youngest daughter. I don't know what I would've done without them. And since my vision is somewhat impaired, I also must rely on volunteers from various groups to get me to and from the dialysis center. I feel very fortunate to have access to these services, not to mention the miracle of dialysis itself.

Comment

Agreed, I am amazed at how much better I feel on dialysis. Just Thursday I met my friend's new daughter born three weeks ago today. How she battled her condition and now having a baby is one thing in my life that inspires me greatly. I think it's very important to lean on others (and vice versa) and I'm glad you have someone too!

Comment

Working...
      X