Local Talk Show Interview in Sacramento, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Talk Show Interview in Sacramento, CA

Hi All, As I know many of you on this discussion forum, are aware that I have lived on dialysis for over two decades, and that I have self-published two books, to share my experience and knowledge with others out there, who could potentially benefit from my experience. I will be doing an interview tomorrow (October 15, 2010), on a local talk show in Sacramento, called Sac and Co. If you reside in the NorthBay/Sacramento Area, you can tune in at 9 AM on Channel 10, but it can also be viewed online at www.sacandco.net - I will be chatting about my first book "My Renal Life (i know it, i live it) , while preparing an easy renal friendly dish as well I have PKD and a non-diabetic. The Dialysis World truly needs some media attention, I feel it has been ignored by the media for far too long, and we need a voice, and I will be that voice.
    Thank you,
    Glo

Re: Local Talk Show Interview in Sacramento, CA

Thats great Glo! Can't wait to see it. You are such an asset to the forum and sharing your experience and knowledge with others will surely help people.

Toni
    May you always have Love to share, Health to spare, and Friends that care

Acute Kidney Function Loss 12/07 - GFR 39
    Current GFR 46 - Stage 3 - Controlled HBP

Comment

CONGRATS Glo!!!

wooooooo hooooooooo we have a celebrity among us. YAY

Next BAAKP semminar I see you at I will get your autograph!!

It sounds great Glo, I'll have to watch it on-line, since I'll be at work at 9am (oh yeah I work days now.)

Take care!!

Marina
      I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

I think thats awesome im going to go to that site and check it out but WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        ckd,stage3,due to birth defect/refulx,controlled b/p

Comment

Great interview and video! I have not be in dialysis long, 2 weeks as a matter of fact, and you were one of the first to help me through what I could expect. I will definitely get your book for more info. Sure is nice to put a face to the name, and since we live in the same town, I hope we can chat face to face one day.

God's blessings,

Lee

Comment

Great interview Glo!!!!!

Here's even a more direct link for those of you who didn't get to see it live

http://www.sacandco.net/default.aspx (just click on play video.....sorry I know there's a way o f posting the clip here, all you do is click play, but I haven't learned how to )
            I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

Glo, You made me smile through the entire interview. My only regret is that we didn't get to meet when you were in Seattle. Hopefully on your next visit. You are making a huge difference in such a positive way. Thank you so much for all you do!!!

Toni
              May you always have Love to share, Health to spare, and Friends that care

Acute Kidney Function Loss 12/07 - GFR 39
              Current GFR 46 - Stage 3 - Controlled HBP

Comment

I totally agree..I loved the video and think you are a great person who has been so kind to so many keep up the great work and I wish you nothing but the best success!!!!
                ckd,stage3,due to birth defect/refulx,controlled b/p

Comment

I saw the video, you look great! Keep up the good work!

GOD Bless you!

Comment

goodness I missed it!!!! I didn't check the forums yesterday =(

Congrats on getting the interview and I am very proud of you for sharing your experience and "voice"

Huge hugs!!!!
                    ~Angel~

When life knocks you to your knees, your in the perfect position to pray

Comment

Angel, there is a video. When I get home, I will post it on my facebook for you!

in center hemo dialysis since May 2009
                      Sudden ESRD - non diabetic (but have 2 at home)
                      turned down for list "lack of support" WHAT!!! starting over at different transplant center)

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmoore View Post
                        Hi All, As I know many of you on this discussion forum, are aware that I have lived on dialysis for over two decades, and that I have self-published two books, to share my experience and knowledge with others out there, who could potentially benefit from my experience. I will be doing an interview tomorrow (October 15, 2010), on a local talk show in Sacramento, called Sac and Co. If you reside in the NorthBay/Sacramento Area, you can tune in at 9 AM on Channel 10, but it can also be viewed online at www.sacandco.net - I will be chatting about my first book "My Renal Life (i know it, i live it) , while preparing an easy renal friendly dish as well I have PKD and a non-diabetic. The Dialysis World truly needs some media attention, I feel it has been ignored by the media for far too long, and we need a voice, and I will be that voice.
                        Thank you,
                        Glo
                        Glo, I can't wait until your next book comes out. I am anxious to get that into our clinic. I am trying to start a "library" of sorts here in the clinic. I think your books will be a wonderful start for that!

in center hemo dialysis since May 2009
                        Sudden ESRD - non diabetic (but have 2 at home)
                        turned down for list "lack of support" WHAT!!! starting over at different transplant center)

Comment

Glo, not only are you a celebrity on our forum here, but now a tv celeb. Congratulations!
                          I watched the video and it was great. Please keep up all the helpfullness you offer to all of us. You are truly an inspiration to all of us. Can't wait to get your book! God's Blessing to you and yours.
                          Mar
                          Diabetic type2 on insulin 1991
                          CKD stage 5 dialysis started7/27/11
                          Catheter 7/26/'11 Fistula Oct.2011 Not yet matured (12/25/'11)
                          Arthritis, back problems.

"Courage is the art of being the only one
                          who knows your'e scared to death"

Comment

Working...
                          X