Encouragement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Encouragement

Got my labs back and my numbers are looking pretty good.

Creatinine when all this started 1.6
    Creatinine last time checked 1.06

My current labs 3/05/10

Creatinine 1.03 Range 0.7-1.5
    BUN 11 Range 10-26
    BUN/Ceat Ratio 10.7 Range 8-25.0

sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium, phospates, protein are all well within normal range.

There was no protein in urine.

Everything looks good for now. I hope I can keep this under control as long as some of the people here. But for now, I am happy with what I have and will just enjoy.

I'll be going on vacation next week, a little soul therapy

Comment

How did you do it, did you change your diet, exercise more, quit eating meat, more water?
      Must feel good.

Comment

Very discouraged with my latest #'s & I'm really trying hard..now I've also been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I try to stay positive but sometimes so difficult in spite of myself
        I agree any particular hints you could share????
        "a true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths.,feels your fears but forrtifies your faith,sees your anxieties but frees your spirit & recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities"

in center hemo awaiting cath placement for home PD
        Type 2 Diabetic
        Potassium/phosphate & protein restricted
        feeling stronger every day! :-)

Comment

How did I do it.

Just really changed my diet around. Cut out all the bad stuff. Less protein, not drastic, but I just try not to eat no more than a deck of cards serving with a meal, more veggies, fruits and grains. For breakfast I will usually have some type of "grain" i.e. toast, cereal and most times an apple (apples help to make me feel full). Lunch is when I will usually have some actual animal protein, I try and make it high quality, something that I will have to cook, maybe eggs, or a small piece of chicken, maybe some low sodium roast turkey lunch meat, I try to stay away from beef as much as possible and when I do eat it I will only have a small amount and try and make it high quality, i.e. no burgers. Dinners are usually pasta and or a salads. Every once in a while I will still have pizza and or potato chips, but it is more of a treat and I try not to overindulge. I take my 10 mg of lisinopril for my high blood pressure daily and I monitor it at least once a day. I try and watch the salt for my high blood pressure, I have cut it completely when cooking and don't use it for seasoning. I try and exercise regularly, I usually do stationary bike at home in the mornings. I don't drink dark colas, and only have coffee on the weekends.

I have been pretty lucky, and I hope to get my numbers even lower or to at least keep them stable for a good long while, some people on here have kept pretty well for +20 years.

Don't know what the future will bring, but I am happy for now...today

Best,
          Noel

Comment

Noel..thanks for the info..have a great vacation...relax & enjoy!
            "a true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths.,feels your fears but forrtifies your faith,sees your anxieties but frees your spirit & recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities"

in center hemo awaiting cath placement for home PD
            Type 2 Diabetic
            Potassium/phosphate & protein restricted
            feeling stronger every day! :-)

Comment

Working...
            X