Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another question: Can you have normal creatinine & BUN levels and still have CKD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question: Can you have normal creatinine & BUN levels and still have CKD?

If a person has a "normal" range of creatinine and BUN, can there still be CKD present?

Re: Another question: Can you have normal creatinine & BUN levels and still have CKD?

I guess anything is possible but I don't see how.
    Whatever does not kill me makes me stronger...Neitzsche
    Flip

Comment

Re: Another question: Can you have normal creatinine & BUN levels and still have CKD?

I'm just asking because according to my PCP the BUN and creatinine were "normal",but myoglobin was high and of course I had blood in urine. They did a CT scan and ultrasound for stones, so that has been ruled out.

Comment

Myoglobin can be high for a number of reasons and so does not necessarily indicate kidney disease. There is also such a thing as benign microscopic blood in the urine. I can't tell you, but I think it would be unlikely.
        To the stars through difficulty!

Comment

The only reasons I can find on the internet for elevated myoglobin level is heart attack or kidney failure.

Comment

Myoglobin increases as a result of any muscle tissue damage, so it will increase after sports injuries and even after hard workouts where muscle tears occur. Actually, the deal with kidney failure and high myoglobin is that high myoglobin can also cause acute kidney failure. This information is from the Medicine Plus Medical Encyclopedia which you can access by Googling "myoglobin".
            To the stars through difficulty!

Comment

Thank you Chefnancy.

Comment

Working...
              X