Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spilling protein: signs are bubbles when you pee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spilling protein: signs are bubbles when you pee?

From my PCP's urine test, they said it didn't detect protein but blood in the urine. But when I pee, there are definetly bubbles in the toilet, so that must mean I am spilling protein too right? I read that somewhere.

Re: Spilling protein: signs are bubbles when you pee?

I really don't know what the signs are, but my doc has asked me occasionally if I have bubbles in my urine. Sometimes yes, and sometimes no. I doubt very much if you're spilling protein just because you have bubbles in your urine. I have had bubbles occasionally, like I said and I have yet to have any protein in my urine (urine test via my nephrologist). I think it best you consult with your nephrologist regarding this question.

Comment

If you are spilling protein your urine may be foamy. My protein has been quite high before, the higher it is the more foam you excrete. Lesser protein, less foam.
      My Writings

Comment

The bubbles that occur when you are spilling protein are more like soapsuds than bubbles. Anyhow, this occurs when you are spilling protein but not all bubbles in urine mean that you are spilling protein. I don't know if that makes any sense.
        To the stars through difficulty!

Comment

I also have foamy urine at times and have wondered about it. I have not addressed this with my neph guess I need to . thanks for info.
          Adapt and overcome.......

Comment

Working...
          X